Frequent Contributor

Re: Tension between Antonella and Susan Graver?

That show gave me a headache! Susan's cackling, hooting and hollering, never being quiet for a moment, talking over the host is just too much!  Towards the end of the show Antonella asked Susan about a stamp on her hand. Susan said it was from somewhere she had been the night before, Antonella asked if it was Chipendales, a lot of jokes were made about it and I kind of felt Susan was put in an awkward spot even though she gets on my nerves. Then all of the talking about what each of them sang at kareoke got out of hand.  It went on for too long and was annoying.  I did sense tension between them towards the end of the show.

Trusted Contributor

@spet wrote:

Okay, so I just tuned into the last 10 or 15 minutes of the Susan Graver spot hosted by Antonella and can I just ask:  Was it me or was there some very, very palatable tension being given off by Antonella towards Susan?  I don't know, it just seemed so obvious.

I just saw a brief portion of the show...but yes, I thought Antonella was not herself....

Respected Contributor

It seemed to me that Antonella just got tired of Susan interrupting and talking over her info (colors sizes etc) time and time again so.....she just stood there and stopped talking! LOL! She just let ole blabbermouth have the floor all by herself. It was perfect. Love Antonella!

Frequent Contributor

I loved it today when Susan was on with Carolyn and Carolyn told her to just hush up so she could get through the choices of the TSV.  Susan hushed up.

Frequent Contributor

@OldNana80 wrote:

That show gave me a headache! Susan's cackling, hooting and hollering, never being quiet for a moment, talking over the host is just too much!  Towards the end of the show Antonella asked Susan about a stamp on her hand. Susan said it was from somewhere she had been the night before, Antonella asked if it was Chipendales, a lot of jokes were made about it and I kind of felt Susan was put in an awkward spot even though she gets on my nerves. Then all of the talking about what each of them sang at kareoke got out of hand.  It went on for too long and was annoying.  I did sense tension between them towards the end of the show.

I noticed Antonella wasn't onset for a few minutes.  Maybe she was still at the garment rack while Susan was over by the models.  Susan has always been disruptive and that probably won't stop.  Sometimes I just turn the channel.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

@OldNana80 wrote:

AN should not have mentioned or drawn attention to whatever was on her guest's (SG) hand.  That was unprofessional.  Putting people on the spot is one of my pet peeves.  

Respected Contributor

Antonella looked frazzled. Her jacket was way too tight, and her hair was frazzled. Add that to Susan Graver being somewhat punchy probably after being on all day, I just changed the channel.  Both have had better days.

I’m not a big fan of these very dark haired women dying their hair blonde, there are a number of examples on QVC these days and it is not flattering.  It’s so hard on your hair to make that bigger change and I think that was part of Antonello’s problem was her hair looked frazzled.

Respected Contributor

Did not see it.

Not a good pairing.

Cackling and repeating ..... greattttttt....

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I will never understand the consistent criticisms of Susan Graver. I can't imagine a harder working woman at QVC, and the fact that she has maintained such a high level of enthusiasm for her work is truly remarkable.  Whether or not you favor her style, her integrity and passion after all these years should be applauded.  I will truly miss her if she retires.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I didn't see the show, but watched one of the videos.  SG insisted on trying to sing the lyrics of a song and AN told her the producer nixed it because the Q has to pay royalty rights (I believe ranging from $6000 and up!).  Of course Susan continued to attempt to sing the song.  

No wonder AN looked defeated.  It's like herding cats when she's on.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~