Honored Contributor

Re: ""Ten Years a Slave"" is ON DEMAND . . . but

On 3/8/2014 kootie said:

On Directv it is $4.99

Oh well! Don't have it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 3/8/2014 Ford1224 said:

Sorry . . . it's "Twelve," not "Ten." My brain is whacko right now, LOL!!

lol Easy mistake Ford.If you're on Comcast some of the other Oscar films are available at the rent price $4.99 or $5.99 or so. (((feel better soon)))

Yes, I have watched almost all of them except The Butler.

Thanks for your good health wishes . . . I'll be fine, LOL.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 3/8/2014 HisElk said:

Hi Ford1224, I'd like to see it, but I will wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it. Thanks for sharing the information, though!

Hope you are doing ok.

I'll also wait. I'm willing to pay $5.99 and that's it.

As for my health, sorry HisElk, but it stinks right now, which is why I'm complaining about the price of a stupid movie!

Oh k r a p, I was hoping you are getting some relief from your health issues.

Honored Contributor

The 'rent' price is always a lot less, even in HD, for movies or shows.

I'm pretty patient so I'll most likely wait until it's either on Netflix streaming or on HBO or Showtime. I am looking forward to this one, though. Smiley Happy I also want to catch 'The Butler'. I have it in my Tivo searches so I guess it's not hit the Premium channels yet either and I'm not finding it on Netflix.

Valued Contributor

It's on Amazon Streaming (along with other Best Pictires) for $4.99 Standard Def and $5.99 for HD.

Excellent movie!!

Regular Contributor

$6.99 on Dish, and you get 48 hours access.

Respected Contributor

In theaters out here an adult ticket is $11 each. I don't know what the senior discount is as we're not 65. Most current DVDs that are for sale at Walmart and Kmart (I recently checked) are $20 and up. Older movies are around $12. We never saw Hunger Games so bought the DVD for that price. Gravity was $20. I like to buy them so I can give them to my stepmom to watch on her computer, (her TV doesn't have a DVD player).