Honored Contributor

I know some of you object to these companies for various reasons but I do shop with them and with rising prices, they might become my "go to" for shopping. Couldn't sleep

Up early and caught a replay of Logo show.  Fell in love with a multi colored cardigan sweater. It was $89!!!  I didn't love it THAT much.  Went to Temu and found almost an identical cardigan for $17.  Same fabric, same fit, similar color story.  Bought it.  I love Logo boyfriend jeans.  I own several pairs and the cardigan will work beautifully with all of them.  

Honored Contributor

I agree about finding QVC duplicates elsewhere for a much more reasonable price.  D&C especially can be found in several places, e.g., Karen Scott at Macy's and Blair.

Honored Contributor

I collect brooches and pins of all kinds to accessorize so many things.  I get them all from Temu and Shein, always with free shipping & handling.  But I have no plans to purchase clothing from them though.   

My brooches cost pocket change, from $1 to $4 each.  I currently have about 20-25 different ones and they are all in perfect condition.  

For example -- I saw this blazer on HSN.  I did not buy it.  I used my jeweled brooches in slightly different positions to create my look on a blazer I already own.  I love doing things like that.  

DG2 by Diane Gilman The Signature Collection Jewel Embellished Blazer

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  - Hope you post about the cardigan when you receive it from Temu.  Would love to hear about it.

Valued Contributor

I have purchased a number of clothing items from Temu . The t-shirts l got were of good quality , wash up nicely and fit well . I got some small baby and toddler clothes for a new great grandson , they were all so cute and well made . The prices were so reasonable , 4-8 dollars for a 2 piece set . I have never returned anything .

Honored Contributor

Re: Temu and Shein

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree.  Congratulations  on your sweater.  I'll never believe that you'll get the same thing as the Logo sweater.  I wouldn't believe a word they say.

You're willing to take the risk and accept possible consequences of dealing with the Chinese government.  Some of us are not.

Ask yourselves, Temu users,  WHY ARE THE CHINESE SUDDENLY TRYING TO WOO AMERICANS WITH THEIR BELOW MARKET PRICES AND FREE SHIPPING?  Even with the the slave labor (consider human rights violations) they use, they can't be making much profit,  so why are they so eager to get your personal information?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@chrystaltree  - Hope you post about the cardigan when you receive it from Temu.  Would love to hear about it.

@@San Antonio Gal   I will.  I bought several sweaters from them already and all were top quality.  I paid less than $20 for each

Honored Contributor

Source:  The California Business Journal:

Temu is not a Chinese company, per say. Some may believe it is, because its the U.S. off-shoot of it's sister company, Pinduoduo, which is based in China. Temu was founded and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Both Temu and Pinduoduo are owned by PDD Holdings, a multinational business group listed on Nasdaq (PDD).

The difference with Temu is they will sell at a loss to get a foothold in the market.  Not a popular business model. 

But please don't be naive.   According to Marketplace Pulse data, 75% of new sellers on Amazon and Ebay Marketplace are located in China.  Even Zulily, on a smaller scale, sold direct to consumer from lots of Chinese company sellers.

This is nothing new.

Of course they want your email address.  Every single retailer operating today wants your information, and once you shop with them they have it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Temu and Shein

[ Edited ]

I prefer to shop from ethical stores with ethically sourced materials.  I can't enjoy an item knowing that children and adults aren't being treated ethically for my enjoyment of fashion.

Greenwashing is a real problem.

From the Good Shopping Guide:

hy is Temu under investigation?

“Temu is doing next to nothing to keep its supply chain free from slave labour,” said Gallagher. “American consumers should know that there is an extremely high risk that Temu's supply chains are contaminated with forced labor,” the House Select Committee on the Chinese Community Party said in its report.Oct 30, 2023

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree.  Congratulations  on your sweater.  I'll never believe that you'll get the same thing as the Logo sweater.  I wouldn't believe a word they say.

You're willing to take the risk and accept possible consequences of dealing with the Chinese government.  Some of us are not.

Ask yourselves, Temu users,  WHY ARE THE CHINESE SUDDENLY TRYING TO WOO AMERICANS WITH THEIR BELOW MARKET PRICES AND FREE SHIPPING?  Even with the the slave labor (consider human rights violations) they use, they can't be making much profit,  so why are they so eager to get your personal information?

@Kachina624 

Agree 100%, the quality most likely won't be identical and the risk of sharing personal information is great.

The scams from China far outweigh any other country when they are buyers also, not just sellers; Ebay is finally cracking down on their well thought out buying scams.  

As a seller even if you exclude shipping to China there are other ways of buying and receiving goods from the US including holding warehouses here.