Honored Contributor

Re: Tell the size of models!

@Runner26 wrote:

I think letting the viewers know what size the models are wearing is helpful to many viewers because they use them as a reference. I do not feel disclosing what size the models are wearing falls in the TMI category. 

Case in point: I was watching last night and Amy was presenting the jeans she was wearing. Although she's not a model, she's a great host in that she usually tries on different clothes (a real sport) and shares here size which is almost always the smallest size. Last night, she said she was wearing size 2, but stated that she could probably go with either the 0 or 2. That was imformative. I use Amy as my reference and her sharing that bit of info was nice.

Just my 2 cents. 

Amy is the only one I would believe is a 0 or 2.  She is so tiny and looks very healthy.  I love when she wears her red pumps with her jeans.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

click here!!  On each item description.

If you are not looking at the actual measurements of the garment and comparing to the actual measurements of something that fits you, you are taking a gamble. 

Even if you are ordering 2 of the same item!

Honored Contributor

It is very helpful to me to know what size the models are in.  I'm tall and built a "bit" like a few of them.  I wish I knew for sure what size they were in.  I think sometimes the hosts ask the models, and they say XXS in the top or pants.  Then, the graphics come up, and QVC puts "xs".  I seriously think the graphics are WRONG and that they should go by what the models state. 

I think they'd know their own sizing, LOL.

If it looks too tight on the models, I know to size up.

I fully realize some don't find this info helpful, but it is to me.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

First - I don't know any adult woman who doesn't know her clothing size.Until I started reading this board I never knew anyone who didn't know their size.As for knowing the models size telling you anything at all about  how anything will fit on you - I find that to be pretty incredible.

Here's an idea - measure yourself and look at the CLICK HERE measurements - that is how to find if something will fit you.

Those "click" here measurements do not help me at all.

Trusted Contributor

Please put the models in the correct size.Jackie is always in a smaller size than she should be in.Many models have such tight pants,jeans shorts also.Why is this a problem?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

First - I don't know any adult woman who doesn't know her clothing size.Until I started reading this board I never knew anyone who didn't know their size.As for knowing the models size telling you anything at all about  how anything will fit on you - I find that to be pretty incredible.

Here's an idea - measure yourself and look at the CLICK HERE measurements - that is how to find if something will fit you.

Pants.jpg

Here are the last 2 pair pants I ordered.  Both said medium on the plastic bag and XL on the tag inside!

Knowing what size I wear didn't help much!

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I sometimes wonder how honest they would be anyway.  Seems to me that when I do hear model sizes, it' always either XXS or XL.  Rarely do I ever hear of a model wearing a S, M or L.  

There are many models who aren't XXS or XL -- blonde Maria, Kerrie, Aida, Toni, Ann, Mary, Louann, and Donna, just off the top of my head, and I know there are more. Same with the hosts. Yes, there are tiny ones who wear an XXS and a few at XL, but several of them are in the range between XXS and XL -- Pat, Mary Beth, Jill, Jayne B, Nancy, Rachel . . . Even Jane T, who sometimes wears XXS on top doesn't ever claim to wear XXS in bottoms.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@winamac1. I agree...the click here measurements don't help me either.  If I used them, everything I order would be too big.  I'm not sure why that is, but I'm the same way with HSN fashion.  I guess the only thing that the measurements help with is if my size is running smaller than usual.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@winamac1. I agree...the click here measurements don't help me either.  If I used them, everything I order would be too big.  I'm not sure why that is, but I'm the same way with HSN fashion.  I guess the only thing that the measurements help with is if my size is running smaller than usual.

You are sooo right--- everything would be a size bigger!

Honored Contributor

I don't put any stock in what the models say anyway, Just like on the Lisa Rinna top this morning. One gal said she was a large and I looked at the measurements and a large is bust of 43. No way in **** that big gal had a 43 in. chest and could wear one of Lisa's garments.  Smallest she could had got in was XL and that's being lenient.

So, I don't put any credence as to what they say anyway. LOL