Honored Contributor

@ILTH  my intent was not to get anyone's nose out of joint with my post, it's my personal opinion and the rest of the poster's have theirs.

Respected Contributor

Nothing she is wearing looks like it should cost that much...well, maybe the hat.....maybe. Ha!!!

Honored Contributor

Not everyone could pull that combo off, but I think she does it very well.

I like that skinnies in colors are back (I didn't know they left?), as I love to wear them.  I just don't wear such adventurous color combos.

Taylor generally dresses really well.  She is usually a standout at awards type events.

Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Like the coat and the boots!

Must be nice to never look at a price tag huh?!? 

Hey, I did that just the other day.  Went into the store and bought whatever I desired and didn't look at the price tag.

Shout out to The Dollar Store.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if those who denigrate Taylor for spending more money than they do on clothes donate as much to charity as Taylor does?

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99

Yes. Of course it's your opinion. I'm stating mine. I don't think any more or less of her (actually, I don't think of her) based on her clothes. I don't know her, so I don't know whether or not she's trying to impress you.
However, some people (me included) like good clothes and buy what we can afford if we want it. I dress to make myself happy.  The fact is, for the most part, you get what you pay for. More money means better quality. Better fit, better fabric, design, wear, etc.  You can certainly see and feel quality in person, not necessarily on film. I don't have her money, so I don't have a lot of $1000 pieces. If I had her money, I'm sure I would. I dress high/low a lot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Taylor's Outfit

[ Edited ]

I don’t see anything she’s wearing as cutting edge.

In fact...just the sling bag fashion trend was 2017.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder if those who denigrate Taylor for spending more money than they do on clothes donate as much to charity as Taylor does?

How much money you donate to charity is all relative.

if you are a multi millionaire, donating a hundred thousand dollars or more is only a small percentage of what you have.  It's tax deductible and doesn't hurt your lifestyle at all.

A person who just barely gets by and donates a smaller amount, but has to do without something in order to donate, actually gave much more.

Honored Contributor

I look 10 times better than THAT when I go out and have no where the money or the closet she has.  Plus I am old enough to be her Granny.

Respected Contributor

For some reason, I DO like her color combination.  It's unexpected and interesting. In fact, I like everything about her look.

If I had the funds, i would buy whatever I wanted too. It's all relative. For some, target and Wal-Mart are in the budget. Others go to Nordstrom . No one is wrong.