Regular Contributor

You know what? You're right, LipstickDiva. I absolutely can't argue with what you're saying. I am going to make it my business to start asking my clients if they have any undeclared sales tax. I have an obligation to ask, and inform them of the tax laws.

Respected Contributor

Everything I order online has been taxed at the time!

Esteemed Contributor

The state determines the tax. However it is a hit or miss situation. In our state the 'store' has to have a physical presence here. So if I buy from HSN no tax. I still cannot figure out QVC, I haven't seen one of them lately anywhere. I usually buy online from places that don't charge me sales tax. I pay no tax buying from Amazon for instance.

It used to be here that if tax as charged no shipping charge or if shipping needed to be charged no tax. That is how Maryland explained it.

I do shop in PA since no sales tax charge on clothing items and I am near the border. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I share your pain. I pay NO tax on clothes, otherwise, I would not purchase except for special occasions.

Also, I was hoping that the Q would change their s&h to $3 for clothing as it as a special incentive last month, which would offset the burden for those who must pay tax.

Trusted Contributor
I live in NJ directly across the river from Manhattan. We don't pay taxes on clothing or food.but NY does. You wouldn't believe how many New Yorkers come here to Jersey to do all their shopping. When we go food shopping or to our malls sometimes you see more NY license plates than Jersey ones.
Frequent Contributor

In NY we don't have sales tax on clothing under ~150 I think. But they make up on all that lost revenue on all our high income taxes/property taxes.