Honored Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall style

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I don't have any and never will. I find them repulsive.

I am repulsed by judgemental people.

@spumoni99 Let me first say that I agree with you about the word "repulsive" and find this the use of repulsive at the least unkind, judgment is an important tool for humans and I think it is being misused.  I'd like to toss out some thoughts about the use of the word and why it sometimes confuses me.  

We have to have opinions, we have to use judgment about how we conduct our lives, we have to "judge" right from wrong.  It doesn't mean we need to be unkind or mean about it.  It doesn't mean we are "judging" a peson's soul or worth.  

It is didn't have judgment we wouldn't do well in lives.  That is a different meaning that how the word is kicked around today.  And I think it is putting a pretty good word into a bad light and negating it's intended use. 

Valued Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@DJP wrote:

OUCH !!!!!

Yep. They hurt. But some 5% Lidocaine cream ahead of time really helped with this one. 

I'm glad the cream helps. I think you are a brave woman because I am a chicken! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

68B9BAEB-EA04-4954-A835-BCF0D201A56E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse Love the colors in this tat. It's beautifully sweet.

Honored Contributor

I have a fancy cross on my ankle. It's my only tat....so far. 

Esteemed Contributor

My artist is highly respected and often booked out a year, but time is ALWAYS made for those brave warrior women who have undergone mastectomies, breast reconstruction and want their nipples back.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much, @fairydogmother @BlueFinch. I appreciate that 💚

I love your tattoo as well. Thanks for sharing with all of us! 

Respected Contributor

I have no desire to have one of my own and I don't care for the ones that are just blue ink.  I have seen some of them on others that are colorful and beautiful. 

One in particular I am thinking of is a girl who started out with one on her arm from elbow to wrist that was colorful flowers.  Later I saw her with one from elbow to shoulder that was black outlines of flowers.  It looked great as black outline conrast with all the color on her lower arm.  But she told me that was just the beginning of it and it was going to end up filled wtih color like her lower arm.  I kinda liked just the black outline.  Haven't seen it since it was filled in as she had long sleeves during winter

I know I will never get one - afraid of blood poisoning or infection.  Don't know what started tattooing trend for the mainstream but for the time being it is here to stay and permanent so make your decisions carefully.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23  My Grandfather got a tattoo when he served in the First World War.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m not a tattoo person so none to share but it’s very pretty and looks beautiful on you. Your pup is also very adorable.