Respected Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall style

Here is the one on my left forearm. Went with simplicity on that one. It is a Christian symbol- the five point tulip represents the five doctrines of grace as taught by John Calvin during the Protestant Reformation. 
Tulip is also my favorite flower, the flower that was blooming when my daughter was born in April 1987, and the name of her dog.  🥰

64C60DAD-F72E-4110-AD89-71A0D5D8474A.jpeg

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

OUCH !!!!!

Yep. They hurt. But some 5% Lidocaine cream ahead of time really helped with this one. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Tattoos can be a respected art form, when performed by a talented artist. I remember a story from my DH, who was on duty responding to a Code Blue.

When removing the patient's gown, he said everyone in the room briefly gasped in awe of the huge tattoo covering the patient's chest. I remember him saying it was faith based, in extraordinary detail. He said under the life, death circumstances it was very hard for anyone to ignore the significance. 

So, yes, tattoos can tell stories and support special memories. I know I really enjoyed watching Kat VonD's series. Some of the portraits she did proved the skin can be a museum quality canvas. 

I say, to each their own. If you enjoy tattoos, just review and make sure your artist uses proper safety techniques. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   Very very pretty. I would totally have that done 

Harmonize the World
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

No. Not in this lifetime. I really don't even understand the concept. 😯

The concept of body art? I view it as self expression, an accessory like jewelry that tells people something about me without a word being spoken. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Pretty. And your dog seems to approve, as well!

I don't have any tattoos, but I have mine chosen for the day I do it.

It's a simple outline drawing of a dove that someone I knew doodled.

My dog keeps trying to lick it. She thinks it's an owie that she can make better. Lol. Nurse Pixie. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Beautiful, as is your puppy.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch  Tattoo shops have come a long way in terms of safety standards. I mean there are sketchy places in any town. But mostly they are now respectable, using sterile single use needles, gloves, consistently disinfecting the equipment, clean environment  etc. A shop's reputation depends on this as much as on the quality of the work. I've had my tattoos done only at reputable places found by word of mouth or online reviews. Never had a problem. 😊

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Beautiful, as is your puppy.  

Aww thank you. She is a mutt. My precious girl. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I'm in the "never" camp.  I wouldn't have anything that would be considered permanent (unless removed by extensive laser sessions).

I've seen some that made me think of the artistry of the tattooist, but I've also seen people with every inch of their bodies covered with tattoos, including the face.  I know it's a personal choice, but I think that's taking it to the extreme and (to me) is unattractive.  JMHO, no judgement involved.

I often wonder what they'll look like, when the person is old.