Respected Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall style

Pretty. And your dog seems to approve, as well!

I don't have any tattoos, but I have mine chosen for the day I do it.

It's a simple outline drawing of a dove that someone I knew doodled.

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother I don't have any tattoos but my adult kids are full of them.  I have no problem with them at all and have come close at times myself.  I still would like to do it someday.  I would get a small breast cancer ribbon on my right ankle since I had it on that side.   I like to pay homage to those who are still fighting, I've told this story before but it's also why I keep  my hair in a short pixie since it grew back after chemo.

I think there was a certain stigma attached to people with tattoos in the past and some may still believe that.   I say some of the nicest people I know are full of them.  Your's is lovely.   

Respected Contributor

I have 4 and love them. None of them are in places you can see, unless I am at the pool.  They are my own special story.

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

Nice work you had done!  I have three and have been considering one last one.  No feel yet for what, but it will come.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99    IMO there's nothing wrong with finding a *thing* repulsive. The person you are responding to did not say she found *people* with ink repulsive.

There's a big difference. I'm sure you see it. And that is not being judgmental!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@spumoni99    IMO there's nothing wrong with finding a *thing* repulsive. The person you are responding to did not say she found *people* with ink repulsive.

There's a big difference. I'm sure you see it. And that is not being judgmental!

@Love my grandkids  No, there is nothing wrong with saying that, but I don't see any reason for saying it. That's just how I was brought up.

Respected Contributor

Someone asked about the meaning of my tattoo. It is in memory of my son Patrick, who was killed in a motorcycle crash in 2013. He had lots of tats and he loved that I had gotten a few also.

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I have seven. This is a picture of one of them right after so it's still red.  I got this one for my daughter. 9F4346B0-80C4-4CC0-A598-6B5D43F9A936.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse  Oh my gosh I absolutely love your tat. Beautiful!

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

Nice tattoo!! I love them and have 3. I have one of my dogs paw print and a picture of her on my upper back when she passed away. I wish I can upload it. The other is flowers on my hip. I would love more!