Trusted Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall style

@YUARC wrote:

Cool!

I don't have any but like to see other's designs.

I am a breast cancer survivor and have seen beautiful tattoos on my fellow sister's breasts. OMG, some are GORGEOUS. I personally like delicate ones with thinner outlines. 

@YUARC  So happy that you are a survivor!

Many women with breast cancer and had reconstructive surgery get nipple tattoos. I say good for them. Why not?

Stay well.

Esteemed Contributor

Like your style @fairydogmother , the colors are beautiful.  I am to chicken to get one but if I ever get brave I would get a Forget Me Not flower which symbolizes Alzheimer's disease in honor of my  Mom. And a small shamrock for my heritage.And a flag for my country.  

So I make do with them on my charm bracelet. Do your's have particular meanings? I appreciate those who do their own thing.

Honored Contributor

I don't like tatoos and would not have one but obviously you like them, it's your body, enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I love colorful tattoos.  Beautiful!

I've had mine since I was somewhere between high school & freshman year in college.

7_11 Picture 2.png

My next one (birthday gift to myself) is my "real" first name in hieroglyphics on my other arm.

Bird Mama has the best one I've seen yet.  It's Prince's  eye.   It's her avatar.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I got my first tattoo at age 64 and love it!  I'd like another one someday.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall Istyle

@fairydogmother  I think it's beautiful.  My daughter has several.  She has a heart with a lock and 3 keys attached with ribbons with the names of her children.  She has the rose from Beauty and the Beast as that was her movie as a child that got her through cancer and remains to this day her absolute favorite.  She has the leukemia and lupus ribbons because she had leukemia and has lupus now and she has a small cross for her faith in God. I know plenty of women on here are "horrified" and "repulsed" by tattoos and that's fine.  They are missing out on some of the most wonderful beautiful, kind hearted people.  My mother was of that generation that believed only bad people got tattoos and I find that sad. I find them no more an expresion of the events in their lives as peoples facebook accounts, clothes, funky hair etc.  I have seen some absolutely stunning tattoos.  One gentleman I met years ago had a tiger on his back. It was amazing.   You keep doing you.  Thank you for sharing your new art.  I love the colors!!

Honored Contributor

I have a beautiful 4" slender rose on my left ankle.  No color, but very artistically done.  Got it nearly 25 years ago.  It still looks great and I still love it.

Respected Contributor

No. Not in this lifetime. I really don't even understand the concept. 😯

Respected Contributor

Re: Tattoos are part of my overall Istyle

I do not have any tattoos.  I am way too "chicken" to do any.  🙃🙃🙃

I would never judge others in their decision to have them or not.  We each have our own minds and reasons.  Our bodies, our choice.  So many people I know do have them.  I think tattoos are more accepted and popular now than when I was growing up.  

I remember going to a community swimming pool when my girls were young.  Seems everyone had at least one tattoo.  I was one of the few that did not.🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 I started to "heart" your reply, but then I realized that I don't "heart" it.

ThinkingOutLoud may not have been kind, but it's her opinion & she is entitled to it.

She doesn't like tattoos. It's okay. She doesn't have to like them.

Is it nice to tell someone that something they love is repulsive? No.

Is it wrong to find it repulsive? No.

I don't know why people can't pass up a chance to tell others that they don't like their tattoos or whatever, but it seems to be a new national pasttime.

If they said "I never really liked them, but I would like to know what you like about them & why you get them." that would start a converstaion.

"They are repulsive." That starts a totally different conversation.