Esteemed Contributor

Target's new fashion line, "A New Day" (plus two from Who What Wear)

[ Edited ]

Have you checked out this new line of clothing?

Target is phasing out Mossimo and Merona as well as other brands to bring in TWELVE new lines over the next two years of which A New Day is the first.

I stopped by a larger Target yesterday and tried on a bunch of stuff. I have to say, for the price point, the pieces were really nice, well made, fashion-forward but also with lots of basics, too such as t-shirts, jeans, chinos, and simple sweaters. Work as well as casual, really nice tights, and accessories including a range of hats, gloves and quality scarves.

There wasn't all that much in store compared to the nearly 500 online items, but I managed to buy a few things. 

1. These pants feel like really good flannel. The picture is AWFUL, but the fit and fabric are very nice.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.04.33 PM.png

2. This is quite cropped, but so cute and looks expensive in person.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.07.20 PM.png

3. This shirt is identical to the one by Rails that Nordstrom had on sale for over $100.00. It's so soft and the fit is flattering, not baggy.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.09.02 PM.png

4. Not sure I get the sneakers with this pencil skirt, but that aside, I was surprised by the quality of the fabric and the spot-on fit. I have one similar from DKNY that was (literally) 10X the price of this one.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.12.03 PM.png

I would have bought more but decided to see how these hold up. If they're decent quality after a wash or two, then I would say this line is a winner.

While there I also scooped up two pieces from Who What Wear, which for me can be hit or miss. These two garments, however, fit like a glove and look and feel $$$.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.17.45 PM.png

(This sweater has elbow sleeves that work really well here in SoCal but it's all about the cute button detail on the back)

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.18.54 PM.png

If you've not been to Target in awhile, check out these fashion lines. Good stuff!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Target's new fashion line, "A New Day" (plus two from Who What Wear)

Thanks for the review, now I need to go to 🎯.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the racks of A New Day clothing in the aisle of my Target. Nothing really caught my eye but I'm in Target about once a week and always pass through ladies land.

I do hope they keep Knox Rose; I love the tops I've bought from that line.

Respected Contributor

they look very nice.  i'll have to stop by.

thanks for posting...i never would have stopped by otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

Look verry pretty.....I'll have to check it out!

Respected Contributor

I really like this line. I bought this skirt the other day for $19.99. Everything is very reasonably priced. Quality is not the greatest but not horrible. The styles are very wearable, but it's much more modern than Merona.

Women's Pleat Front Skirt - A New Day™ Cherry. Image 1 of 3.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

Just got back from Target and I was looking at all these clothes!  I liked much of what I saw and liked that there was a variety of styles/designs. Didn't realize that Target was bringing in new lines with plans to phase out Mossimo and Merona. I was wondering why so many of the New Day tees looked like what I have always seen from these 2 Target brands. Makes sense now!
Honored Contributor

I like Target clothing and I have good luck with it. I've had pieces in my wardrobe that I've had for years so the quality is fine and the prices are excellent.

But be forewarned I have a plaid 'flannel' shirt that fell apart nearly immediately! It was made of rayon and nylon but that's the only bad experience I've had with a Target garment.

One thing that did happen to catch me off guard the other day was a pair of pants that were too big for me! I'm used to Target running smaller than nearly every other store and online vendor so I'm not sure what's going on there

Honored Contributor

@gardensla,  Thank you for posting.  You can always pick up some really cute casual clothes at Target.  Their sales are awesome too.  I picketd up some really nice cotton tops on sale a few years back and they are still in excellent condition.  This is interesting that they are bringing in completely new lines.  It should be fun to shop the new lines.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@gardensla Prices?  Jean jacket, and  an idea of the price points, would be appreciated.  Clothes looked beautiful.

Thank you