Esteemed Contributor

Target/ Marimekko selling NOW!!!!!

Last year I missed out on Lily Pulitzer because of all the hoarders! By the time I got to the store..(when it opened!) most of the stuff was gone..they all showed up on Ebay soon after! Take a peek, some cute stuff! I got the primary color tunic..its a vintage going back to 1970..I remember the prints! Have fun..!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Target/ Marimekko selling NOW!!!!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/marimekko-target-almost-here-will-it-be-mini-black-friday-n...

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

Last year I missed out on Lily Pulitzer because of all the hoarders! By the time I got to the store..(when it opened!) most of the stuff was gone..they all showed up on Ebay soon after! Take a peek, some cute stuff! I got the primary color tunic..its a vintage going back to 1970..I remember the prints! Have fun..!!

@emmysmom - Hi & nice to see you! That's a cute tunic. I wish they had offered some basic cotton tshirts and tanks. The little girls' items are cute!

I bought the 2 long sleeve rash guard topsin each of the 2 prints - the black/white floral & the blue/white wave; the kitchen towels - $10/2 will make some nice hostess gifts, and some of the outdoor dinnerware. 

My local store had a good, but small supply.  Two main sections - women's clothing and a 2nd display in the back of the store in thd outdoor patio department..

I think Target did a better job this time having some inventory for most stores and better website functionality. 

Might pick up some more towels/outdoor items depending on clearance pricing. 1st price reductions should be in 2-3 weeks online & in stores.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@emmysmom - Hi & nice to see you! That's a cute tunic. I wish they had offered some basic cotton tshirts and tanks. The little girls' items are cute!

I bought the 2 long sleeve rash guard topsin each of the 2 prints - the black/white floral & the blue/white wave; the kitchen towels - $10/2 will make some nice hostess gifts, and some of the outdoor dinnerware. 

My local store had a good, but small supply.  Two main sections - women's clothing and a 2nd display in the back of the store in thd outdoor patio department..

I think Target did a better job this time having some inventory for most stores and better website functionality. 

Might pick up some more towels/outdoor items depending on clearance pricing. 1st price reductions should be in 2-3 weeks online & in stores.

Hi Chi..I also ordered the blue and white wave top..can't wait to get the tops! The tunic I ordered this morning has already shipped..can't believe it! I agree they did a better job this time with the inventory! All the goodies you ordered are cool..I love this look! Very upbeat! I ordered both tops in the med..hope they fit. Glad you posted about it, I figured you would! Love your posts with all the pictures..very helpful! Take care~Heart

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom - my orders have also shipped! The store was nice & not chaotic.  A big improvement over past events. The sales clerk said she only saw one lady loading up a cart. Maybe those that tried to sell for a profit on ebay in the past didn't get good results. The 14 day return policy sure causes them difficulties,  lol.

I was able to try on a few items and casually shop. I think the print leggings are cute to pair up with a big shirt. Hoping we can pick up some items on clearance in a couple of weeks. Post if you see any updates/specials!  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't even try to order online or go to the store because of what happened last year with Lily Puliter. There were some cute things in the collection, but almost everything was sold out immediately because there was no limit on how many an individual could purchase online. I didn't even pay attention to this latest collection because I figured it would be the same thing, people snapping everything up to make a profit on e-bay.

Honored Contributor

50352185.jpg

50373551.jpg

50356118_Alt03.jpg

Honored Contributor

50352539.jpg

50352546.jpg

Honored Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

I didn't even try to order online or go to the store because of what happened last year with Lily Puliter. There were some cute things in the collection, but almost everything was sold out immediately because there was no limit on how many an individual could purchase online. I didn't even pay attention to this latest collection because I figured it would be the same thing, people snapping everything up to make a profit on e-bay.

@staciesmom - there are still some items available online. I was just looking at the website & added a few wish list items from the collection to my cart. It will be easier to go back & track then for reduced pricing. I think this event was handled better by Target - no website issues for me & the store was also a good experience.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Target buying something else and noticed that there were only two rack of clothes and each was fully loaded; in the garden section there was a larger display of stuff and that too was untouched, same for the dishes and such in that department.

I don't know what sales are like online, but here in LA, at the two Target's I was in, this brand was a flop.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat