Honored Contributor

Target/ Marimekko Broke the Internet!

I tried to pay my bill online this morning...the system is down.

When I saw that Marimekko is up, I knew why!

Honored Contributor

Re: Target/ Marimekko Broke the Internet!

one would think they would have thought ahead by now, rent some servers from Amazon for a day,

Esteemed Contributor

That is funny! I went online early this morning after Chi-town posted that this brand was up for sale and put two tops in my cart. Then I went to the store and was glad I hadn't completed the transaction, I needed to go up a size.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Went onto the site early this morning, but I didn't see one thing I'd want. The items look very young, and I'm not.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a cute Marimekko top/tunic this morning and its already shipped! Yay!Cat Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

one would think they would have thought ahead by now, rent some servers from Amazon for a day,

Seriously, this should not have happened.  Again.

I know I am repeating myself here but I happened to be at Target when they launched (I believe) their first line of designer brands which was Missoni.

I couldn't imagine why so many people were waiting to get into the store but quickly realized that was the day of the launch.  People were grabbing armloads of clothes and throwing them into well organized shopping carts (for resale on Ebay) so many other customers were trying to order online but their website had already crashed at that point.

Please know, I get why this happened with Missoni but at this point and with the amount of promotion they have put into the Marimekko line they should have been more than ready to accept the volume that was clearly expected.  This to me is really inexcusable as there has been a lot of history here.

I like Target but times like this they really disappoint me.