Valued Contributor

Re: Target Fall Designer Event - Drops Oct 9th

It doesn't matter who the designer is, the clothing being made is for a discount store and not at all the level of quality that it would be elsewhere at a higher price tag. 

Target= cheap

I remember when Lilly Pulitzer was offered at Target. There was an absolute spending frenzy and the quality(fabric) was awful. There was no comparison to the "real" LP items. 

Trusted Contributor

There is a time and place for cheap clothing. I would never buy a cheap coat or sweater. 

Respected Contributor

Ooh! Please share when you receive your coat! Super chic!!
Honored Contributor

Victoria Beckham had a line of fashions there back in 2017.  Not sure why she stopped.  I like Target.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Victoria Beckham had a line of fashions there back in 2017.  Not sure why she stopped.  I like Target.

@beckyb1012 - VB collection was a limited edition. I bought a number of her items and still wear one of the jackets -- always receive compliments- it is a bomber style jacket 

I still wear a Missoni Target zig zag coat from an older collection. Nothing junky or cheap about the items that I've purchased from the Target designer collaborations. 

And how PREDICTABLE are some of the comments LOL 😂 wearing a fully lined faux fur coat as a robe...HILARIOUS! Only a moron would do that 🙃 and the trollish behavior is such second nature for some sad people 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:
Ooh! Please share when you receive your coat! Super chic!!

@Franklinbell - the coat is FABULOUS. I posted a review up thread. Happy Friday 😎

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
My houndstooth coat came today. I like it and it will be good until it gets really cold. Very stylish and the faux fur is nice and not bulky.

@cosmic1 - I agree - it exceeded my expectations. Quite beautiful 😍 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Sadly, I returned this sweater:

product image 1 of 5 slides

The sweater is described as green with light blue stripe.  However, the photo makes it look like the stripe is stark white, not light blue.  Truth be told, I purchased it thinking it was stark white stripes, not paying attention to the description.

Well, in person, the stripe looks more like the green sweater faded into the stripe in the wash.  It gives faint green.  If you look real hard, I guess you could call it "light blue," but that would be a stretch.

I couldn't get past the washing mistake look of the stripe.

@Caaareful Shopper - sorry to read about your disappointment, I actually purchased two of the green stripe items bc of the alternating stripe being light blue instead of the typical white. Expecting delivery of these sweaters today - will let you know

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

It doesn't matter who the designer is, the clothing being made is for a discount store and not at all the level of quality that it would be elsewhere at a higher price tag. 

Target= cheap

I remember when Lilly Pulitzer was offered at Target. There was an absolute spending frenzy and the quality(fabric) was awful. There was no comparison to the "real" LP items. 

I don't ever buy anything at Target thinking I'll wear it more than a season.

QVC Customer Care