Honored Contributor

Re: Target Designer Duds ALL Going Back :-(

@magicmoodz 

I think you'll be pleasently surprised. This mock neck tunic is probably my favorite piece

target fave.jpg

there are others but this one's a real standout to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo 

That's very nice--and perfect for your Miami weather. What label is it?

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo 

That's very nice--and perfect for your Miami weather. What label is it?

@magicmoodz 

I'll let you know when I get home...

Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz Yes! I should have included Who What Wear also. Their pieces are very nice as well.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz 

Who What Wear is good. I probably have at least 1 thing from each of their proprietary lines and have been satisfied with the quality.

@Andreatoo 

I remember some time ago you wearing a pair of plaid trousers by A New Day. You looked great in them, but then I am a sucker for that whole Katherine Hepburn vibe.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

The Plaid trousers were actually a newer line called wild fable which seems to be their junior stuff. A lot of crop tops! LOL

Incidentally the black tunic is who what wear

Honored Contributor

I received my order today. I got the long Missoni cardigan and I don't think it's "cheap" at all. The fit isn't boxy on me. My expectations weren't that it would be comparable to a real Missoni. I happened to find a real Missoni scarf at Marshalls Tuesday and it's beautiful.

I'm returning the Missoni pom pom hat only because it's too tight for my big head. The Philip Lim satchel bag is going back because it's tiny. I knew it would be small but not that small.

I didn't buy any of the items just because of the name. I bought them because I liked them and they were affordable. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz 

The Plaid trousers were actually a newer line called wild fable which seems to be their junior stuff. A lot of crop tops! LOL

Incidentally the black tunic is who what wear

Oh thanks for the correction @Andreatoo. I remember when Target had maybe two lines of clothing--Mossimo and Merona. Now they seem to have really branched out. 

I'm not sure how many hundreds of dollars I have in Target gift cards, but I am going to drive to a larger Target and maybe replace some of the 4 bags of clothing I just purged from my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I'm happy you are pleased with the Missoni sweater you ordered.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I received my order today. I got the long Missoni cardigan and I don't think it's "cheap" at all. The fit isn't boxy on me. My expectations weren't that it would be comparable to a real Missoni. I happened to find a real Missoni scarf at Marshalls Tuesday and it's beautiful.

I'm returning the Missoni pom pom hat only because it's too tight for my big head. The Philip Lim satchel bag is going back because it's tiny. I knew it would be small but not that small.

I didn't buy any of the items just because of the name. I bought them because I liked them and they were affordable. 

My review  was my personal opinion of the quality of the items I purchased. In no way did I expect the kind of quality as their high-end offerings.  That's just silly. I did expect something more than what I received.

One item was $55 and I would not have have paid 10 bucks for it,  that's how bad it was.

I am happy you are pleased with your sweater.  It would not have worked for me and that's okay.  I got to try some things after hearing a lot of hype  over the years and learned a  lesson.

But let's be honest. 99.99% of shoppers purchased during the event  because of the names. In fact, I saw the photo of the "real* Missoni scarf you purchased  complete with the tags.. Its a beauty. But you sure seemed pretty proud to have scored that scarf because of the Missoni name. Just sayin' ;-)