Occasional Visitor

Tankini bathing suits for big busted women!

Hey QVC....I would pay most any price for a cute, sexy-ish tankini WITH UNDERWIRE BRA TOP WITH BRA-LIKE CLOSURE IN BACK!  WHY WHY WHY doesn't anyone offer this?  All tankinis have NO support, even if it's underwire, the back of the tankini is just stretch.  I"m a 38DD, size 10/12.  I spend hours every spring looking for a tankini with bra-like support, hook and eye closure.  NO ONE does it.  Please....will you!!!  This is the ONLY way that big busted women can look good in a tankini, or a one piece for that matter.  And with leg-snug boy shorts.  I caN help you design the perfect suit!  I would pay DOUBLE if I could find one made this way: Underwire tankini top with back hook and eye closure and snug-in-the-leg (not baggie shorts), high waisted boy shorts.  It's seems so logical, but no one offers.  HELP!!! Heck, I'd even pay triple.  That's how badly I want to find this.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tankini bathing suits for big busted women!

I absolutely agree with you on the bust support issue.  I am even looking for a suit with a high (crew neck) top.  Otherwise...well, the cleavage is NOT attractive on me without support.

Valued Contributor

trys landsend .com they offer so many suits. buy mine from there. they are mostly have great sales all the time

Honored Contributor

@50andFab  I believe you can find the tankini you want at Lands End.  They have many different styles of tops and bottoms, and you buy them separately.  They're very attractive and well made.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Bras that actually give support are practically non-existent in bathing suits on the market today.  I haven't seen one for years.  Bathing suits in general are flimsy little things built for women with no figure flaws or breasts.  Whatever happened to firm, supportive "bathing suit" material? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

when I ,was in high school, my mother won a $20 gift certificate to a very expensive 

"dress shop".  back in those,day $20 was a lot of money.

She gave it to me, so I took a bus into town by myself and for the first time, went into the store to see what I could buy.

i was,around 16 and the clothing there was for older women, not a teenager.  I finally found a bathing suit that I liked.  It was cotttonwhite eyelet suit with a satin blue ribbon trim, sort of a tankini style.  It was so beautiful that I bought it.  It cost $20.

That suit had exactly the type of bra you are looking for.  It was like a regular bra under that suit and I had to hook the back. IT closed under the eyelet fabric.  I loved that suit and wore it until it fell apart and started to fray.

it had great bust support and was'modest too.  I have always been a busty gal and feel your pain finding clothing that fits.

i have never seen or owned a suit with that type of bra support again, but I would gladly  buy another one if it was available.

I have Lands End suits and they are nice, but they are not the same or even close to providing the type of support that built in bra gave me.

Honored Contributor

Swimsuitsforall (dot) com has the largest selection of swimwear I have ever seen

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Swimsuitsforall (dot) com has the largest selection of swimwear I have ever seen

I have several suits from that sight.  Many are not as supportive as I need.  I sometimes wear a bra under them for extra support.

i wear a suit almost every day all summer and own many suits.

Respected Contributor

I'm also a fan of Lands End swim suits.  However, Profile by Gottex is a great brand sold at Macy's and other retailers.  They offer D cup and up in underwire and they sell tankini tops with the bra that fastens separately - something I really don't care for.