Honored Contributor

Re: Tall ladies & high heels

If you like wearing them, go for it. I'm not coordinated and always felt unsteady, so I more or less wear flats.
Honored Contributor

I'm a senior citizen now, so it's a moot point, for me. However, I wish I had the self-confidence I've read here from so many of you. I was 5'9" and thin most of my young adult life. I was typically taller than many of my peers, so I never wore anything higher than and inch or two. Now that I've shrunk to barely 5'8", it's a bit too late for me to tackle higher heels…..and risk hurting myself!!!!! ;-) For all you tall gals, kudos to you…. go for it!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I am 5'11"" and I always wore at least 3 inch heels to work. I hated they way tall women would slouch and wear flats to try and look shorter. As a tall thin red head I was very popular among men of all heights!

Respected Contributor

I am tall like yourself but have always worn high heels for date night and special events. I don't wear anything over two inches if I am going to be doing a lot of walking, though, in my everyday life.

I always feel more graceful and feminine when I wear high heels and thankfully my husband is very tall, so I can get away with it......

I love wearing higher heels from Cole Haan that have Nike air construction. They have a lot of support and are very comfortable to wear.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. I am 5'7" too, and I have never thought that heels maded me too tall.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
New Contributor

I too am tall @ 6'2 when I was younger I was too self conscious to where them Now my husband wants me to where them and when I try I almost break my ankles so I still don't! But I think the tall girls who wear heals look great!!

Valued Contributor

I encourage you, I love heels but I am not stable in them so I prefer to wear wedge heels. Also I am a plus size and I'll never forget about 20 plus years ago I was at the grocery story and this plus size lady had on these thin heels and this man said...How those heels holding all that weight.

I just never forgot that...

Honored Contributor

i am 5'7" and i do not avoid heels. i dont wear heels as high as i once did, mainly because they are not as comfortable to me as i get older. i stick with heels of 3 inches or less. i have never thought they made me "too tall."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

At 5' 8" I limit my heels to 3" for comfort.

I've had 4-5" in the day but they're not practical, even for a night out. After 30 minutes my feet are done in those heights.

I've had men tell me that I'm intimidating with heels but those to those short little wimps, that's their problem. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

My daughter is 5'10" and loves heels. She doesn't wear them every single day, but wears when she has a chance!