Valued Contributor

I have lost some weight and my bras seem a little big. I think I need to go down a size. Do you go down in the cup size or the size ? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Give yourself a treat. Go to one of those places that specializes in fitting them to you. I've always thought that would be nice to do. You've earned it.

Super Contributor

recipeholic,

Congratulations on your weight loss. How about going to one of the department stores for some assistance? Or Victoria Secret? Good luck.

Contributor

I would go to a big department store or a lingerie shop to get re-fitted.  Congrats on the weight loss.  I went and had a fitting done, best thing I ever did. No more guessing what size I wear!

Honored Contributor

I really wish they'd bring back genie bras.  I totally missed those new ones that sold out in a flash (3pk) with the sort of jacqard (leaopard) print.  I love my genie bras.

Valued Contributor

Get professionally fitted.  It makes a big difference. 

I get all my bras and panties from Soma.  They measure me every time. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with those recommending a fitting by an experienced fitter - at a retailer where you like the choices as well as the prices.  If you have a Dillard's in your area, I'd go there - especially if you're someone who really needs a bra.  I wouldn't know where to shop if I were small and firm -  that ended for me when I was a fifth grader.

I've lost and gained weight way more frequently than I ever should have -  and can tell you that I always have needed to buy a different band size, but I've sometimes stayed with the same cup size -   and I've even had to go UP a cup size. 

No way could anyone but a good fitter give me my best look.

Honored Contributor

Try getting fitted from a department store,

Related image

Honored Contributor

As I lost weight, I had 2 or maybe 3 fittings at Nordstrom. Guessing at my size, on my own, I was WAY off.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Bri21  I discovered Soma years ago and found their beautiful invisible lines firm control panties.  Unfortunately they stopped selling them in firm.  I go back every once in a while to see if they brought them back but to no avail.  I stopped shopping there.  What a loss for me.

I go to herroom.com periodically now and bought another brand or two in firm control but they do not hold a candle to the ones I found at Soma.