Trusted Contributor

Re: Talk to me about UGGS please

Love my classic Uggs. If you’re wearing indoors for extended periods be prepared for very warm feet! Uggs makes a wide variety of styles, some with more support, some unlined or partially lined. If you don’t like the style of boot you may consider reaching out to members of a forum or discussion board for other ladies that have had your particular surgery for their recommendations. Your doctor may be able to steer you in the right direction, or an online search may yield their information. Good luck.
"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Love mine ! I tried on those can't remember the name right now the ones that guy from Australia pushes and couldn't get them off fast enough.

I felt like I was walking on one side of foot and other side had a crowbar sticking under it.

I want nice and flat fit especially in a boot. No high heels in snow and ice for me. Walk as nature intended.

xmas1.gif

Respected Contributor

I live in the desert SW, so I don't need a super warm boot.  I bought a pair of UGGS in the "Reid' style booties & have found them quite comfortable & easy to get in & out of:

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. Good ideas on some other brands and styles to try, too.

Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I live in the desert SW, so I don't need a super warm boot.  I bought a pair of UGGS in the "Reid' style booties & have found them quite comfortable & easy to get in & out of:

THESE ARE ADORABLE!!!

Regular Contributor

pilateslover   Hi, just a thought , Im no Doctor, but I know what feels comfy and good on my feet.  Have you given any thought to Ryka or  Skechers ?  They come in many cute styles, boot or sneaker or shoe.  I have an adorable pair of Mary Janes, but on the bottom there're Skechers !    Good Luck !   Felinemom

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @felinemom I will look into those too. I have a pair of Skechers Relaxed Fit clog sneakers that fit wonderfully. Maybe I can find something soft but closed back for winter.

Honored Contributor

I have three pairs of Ugg boots and love them. Since they are expensive, I never wear them in the rain or snow, they are suede, so I can't comment on how they perform under those conditions. I am a 6 1/2 and size down to a 6 ( no half sizes). The classic boot runs large so a 6 was good, some of their other styles run a little more snug so I really think you need to try them on.