Honored Contributor

Re: Talk to me about UGGS please

True....I was thinking traditional boots.

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I am surprised UGGS would be recommended by a podiatrist especially after foot surgery.  You might have some pain after surgery and it would be challenging to put your foot into an UGG boot.  Just a thought and best of luck on your surgery.

Uggs has slip-ons.

Esteemed Contributor

If it's the width that is the issue, try something in a man's size (if you can - I can wear a mens 7).  The toe box is generally far more generous.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear Uggs (I'm far too frugal!); I buy Beartraps or the Costco version($25 and very nice and long wearing).  I put good arch supports in any version and also go up 1/2 size.  BTW Costco also has the slip on slippers with rubber soles (either version is available online).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Uggs! 

One year when we were having a horrible amount of snow, and late in the season I bought a pair and have been in love ever since.  

I even ended up buying 4 pair of the same boot the next year so I would have a back up in case the style was discontinued!  (Extreme I know) Smiley Happy

But the original pair lasted and looked great for three years!  Just this year I retired the three year old pair and am now wearing one of the back ups!!

They have many different styles and the one I got is waterproof and extremely warm.

I never thought I would like them as much as I do but now I really don't know what I would do without them!!! They are super warm and extremely comfortable!!

This is the one I have and LOVE (and thankfully it's not discontinued)!!

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.59.08 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Obviously you do not like them since you tried and have a lowered opinion of them so does it really matter what we think?  I like them.  I have a wide toe box.  The rest of my foot is narrow.  I have regular Uggs boots and I have mules.  I like both.  The mules have quite a bit of arch support.  I have had them for many years.  They walked all over Europe and Mexico and kept my feet that hurt most of the time from aching.  Same with Cole-Haan  Back in the day when they were making good shoes, I made sure if we were going abroad or even within the 48-state area where there would be a lot of walking required, that I took my Cole-Haans and now I take my Uggs.  I don't care that they are older and may not smell as good as Chanel #5, they are comfortable and that's what I want. 

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover  I own two pairs of Uggs.  Both have arch support and I go up one size because my foot is wide (Uggs only come in Medium).  Now if your foot is a wide wide, Uggs may not work for you.  Look at Sketchers that are fur lined and come in wide.  You would probably still have to go up one size but then it should work out for you.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I have been wearing an UGGs slipper for 3+ years now.  I wear them in all seasons because of the natural wool lining and my feet don't sweat. Mine have a thick firm sole that supports my foot.  Styles and fit vary so, if you can, try them on before you buy.  

Regular Contributor

I bought my first pair of Uggs, the classic style, maybe 15-16 years ago.  They are the warmest boots I've ever worn, but the original ones were not good in the wet.  They were fantastic in the cold, dry weather, however.  My original pair lasted for years and got me through spring 2012 with a broken toe.  My first pair was size 9 and they were too big (I normally wear 8 1/2; they didn't come in half sizes).  I bought Uggs inserts for them and they made for a perfect fit. 

My two subsequent pair were size 8 and they're a little tight.  I don't like wearing them all day although I can.  Even though I've owned one pair for years, I don't wear them enough to stretch them out any.  They are also newer styles and a lot heavier (which is part of the problem).

I bought my mom who has had a knee replacement and foot surgery two pair: the Classic II and a pair of sequined classics.  She liked the sequined ones better because she said they were a LOT lighter in weight.  I live in NYC and walk or take public transportation everywhere.  She is in Cleveland and drives, so the water resistance, or lack thereof, doesn't bother her.  She also wears size 8, but that is and upsize for her; for years she was a 6 1/2 or 7. 

She sprayed hers with sealer; I did that with my last pair and it helps but doesn't make them safe for really wet conditions (I understand Uggs makes wet weather boots now).

Finally, I love the Uggs inserts.  I bought several pair and put them in most of my other boots.  They make the cheap, but dry plastic rain boots comfortable and warm. 

Honored Contributor

There are very few brands of shoes that actually use sheepskin lining in their shoes and boots.  I think it's far superior to "faux" in warmth, breathability, resilience.  I've found the brand Bear Paws also uses real sheepskin at a much better price.  They are often featured on Zulily.

Sheepskin lined footwear always feels snug when first tried.  After a very brief perior of wear, the fleece gets crushed down and then you get the true fit.  Expect them to feel snug when brand new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still have my original Uggs purchased at Nordstroms decades ago.  The are high calve and zip up.  Super warm.  I don’t wear socks with them.  I wear them in light snow, because I shattered my ankle in 1990, and they keep it warm.  I live in east AZ.  Btw, my surgeon recommended AVIA shoes.