Honored Contributor

Talbots- where there's a will there's a way!

One of my favorite Talbots purchases this year is the No Close short sleeve cardigan. I absolutely love it. I wear it over everything.  It looks blah on their site, but it's a gem. 

Anyway, it's a little big on me so I wanted to buy a second one, one size down. Oops, no longer available online. Did their product search and no stores in North Georgia had it. Searched in Florida, where a friend lives. Nope. Then searched In Utah, where my best friend lives. Score!  I did the online reserve yesterday and she went and picked it up for me a few minutes ago. I gave the associate my Talbots credit card number over the phone so I could get a larger % off. 

The store is only 6 miles from my friend's house so an easy favor for her. And I'm thrilled to get another sweater. I was going to leave no stone unturned in searching for this item!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots- where there's a will there's a way!

@gidgetgh wrote:

One of my favorite Talbots purchases this year is the No Close short sleeve cardigan. I absolutely love it. I wear it over everything.  It looks blah on their site, but it's a gem. 

Anyway, it's a little big on me so I wanted to buy a second one, one size down. Oops, no longer available online. Did their product search and no stores in North Georgia had it. Searched in Florida, where a friend lives. Nope. Then searched In Utah, where my best friend lives. Score!  I did the online reserve yesterday and she went and picked it up for me a few minutes ago. I gave the associate my Talbots credit card number over the phone so I could get a larger % off. 

The store is only 6 miles from my friend's house so an easy favor for her. And I'm thrilled to get another sweater. I was going to leave no stone unturned in searching for this item!

@gidgetgh I admire your tenacity.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

gidgetgh, can you tell me how you did a product search? I have been stalking a velour cowl neck that is sold out in my size. I called CS but they just advised me to call nearby stores on my own.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:

gidgetgh, can you tell me how you did a product search? I have been stalking a velour cowl neck that is sold out in my size. I called CS but they just advised me to call nearby stores on my own.  Thanks

@Steffdoggy10- sure!  Go on their site and find the item you're interested in. Click on the color and size that you'd be ordering. There will be two choices "add to bag" or "find in a store".  Click on "find on a store". It will pop up another window. Put your zip code in and I changed it to 25 mile radius instead of 10. Then hit enter and it should pull up a list of stores and it will indicate if they have it or not. 

If one does, there will be a button to the right of that store that says "reserve". Click on that. It will ask for your email address. Put that in and then hit submit. You'll get an immediate email telling you they received your request and are working on it. Then you'll get another email once they've actually reserved the item for you. 

Another thing I've done before is gone to the store, gave them the item number and asked them to pull up a list of stores that have the item nationwide. They can easily do that. Then they can call the store right then and put you on the phone with them and you give them all your info and they'll ship it to you. 

What item are are you looking for?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your reply! Since they don't have my size available, i won't be able to do the search you described. I'm looking for the velour cowl tunic size small in grey version.I scooped up the matching leggings in hopes they will restock the top. The leggings are soooo soft and comfortable! Thanks again for your help!