Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots- that purse we were waiting for is here!

Just got back from Talbots where I went to pay my bill.  I hadn't been there all month - trying to catch up a bit and not buy any more there since my big blowout with the Red Hanger sale (that was all on today's bill).   I didn't stay long, just looked around a bit since I hadn't been there in so long, and nothing much appealed to me.  That was a good thing!

Honored Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

Just got back from Talbots where I went to pay my bill.  I hadn't been there all month - trying to catch up a bit and not buy any more there since my big blowout with the Red Hanger sale (that was all on today's bill).   I didn't stay long, just looked around a bit since I hadn't been there in so long, and nothing much appealed to me.  That was a good thing!

@Pearlee- yeah, as I’ve posted a few times, the new arrivals aren’t wowing me....so far. Hopefully the next round of new releases will be better. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

Ladies, I have a very similar bag, but it is in shades of blue ,and is a Parisian  scene. Mine is  a tote  with a zip top, and is from clever carriage

I got it new from ebay, at a snip of what it regularly sold for. It is by Clever Carriage  if any of you are interested. I get so many compliments  about it, and it wears like iron, and just wipes off

@cherry  I think that is a darling handbag.  I just do not think it worth the $150 for the casual use I would have for it.  However, it is darling.  I had a similar but decoupage bag back in the 1960s or 1970s (of a familiar scene) that my boss's wife gave me.  Loved it.  Wish I had not gotten rid of so much in my lifetime.  What comes around....  Oh, I had several John Romain and Salvatore Ferragamo bags that looked new when I gave them up but were "out of style," but now vintage bags are bringing a huge price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetghwrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@Pearlee- yeah, as I’ve posted a few times, the new arrivals aren’t wowing me....so far. Hopefully the next round of new releases will be better. 

I wish! Smiley Happy I already have several of the new things on my wish list.

Honored Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@sunshine45  We are due soon for a 40% off coupon on a full-price item.  Look for Easter weekend for that to come out, if not before then.

@Pearlee, Sunshine45,

I got a post card today for 40% off one regular priced item.  It is good March 20-28.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnnewrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@sunshine45  We are due soon for a 40% off coupon on a full-price item.  Look for Easter weekend for that to come out, if not before then.

@Pearlee, Sunshine45,

I got a post card today for 40% off one regular priced item.  It is good March 20-28.  

@DiAnne

thanks so much.....will be on the lookout for it. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I haven't shopped at Talbots, but I received a catalog today, and saw the skirt with what seems to be the same print as the satchel. I think the skirt is cute, but I wouldn't wear it with the top the model is wearing.  (The skirt seems a lot shorter in the larger pic, but I think it's due to how the model is leaning/sitting. The smaller pic shows the length to be just above the knees).

Image result for talbots patio garden skirt

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@DiAnnewrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@Pearlee, Sunshine45,

@DiAnne  LOL  Smiley Happy   As I posted above, I knew we were due for one soon!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have a very similar bag I purchased from Kate Spade on Fifth Ave in NYCabout two -three years ago.