Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots- that purse we were waiting for is here!

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45wrote:

let me ask my talbots question here if you all dont mind?

i am a rare talbots shopper, but i recently saw a skirt and top that are so beautiful. i think my daughter would love it, but the skirt is around $150! it is the butterfly skirt. do talbots items get marked down fairly quickly or do you think it will stay at the price a long time? do they ever do 50% off coupon deals? would love to get this for her (with the matching top also), but really dont want to spend that much.

@sunshine45, I haven't seen any pattern as far as items being marked down. But Talbots is always having a promo of some sort. If you haven't already, sign up for e-mails and also to be a Loyalist. And also check the site often for flash sales.

Honestly, I don't think that I've ever paid full price at Talbots.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

A few months ago, several of us posted about a purse that Talbots would be bringing in for spring. I’ve been searching for it faithfully and today, finally, it’s online. And....and...I’m not sure that I like it now, LOL. After all that waiting. 

It appears to be online only, at least right now. But, I traditionally don’t like purses with short handles and a longer strap. I’ve bought them before, end up not carrying them and then I donate them.  So I think that might be a deal breaker for me on this. 

Here it is. 

4B09BF2A-A282-4CEF-A8D8-7660FB3F89A9.jpeg

@gidgetgh, I would try to wait until you can see it in person or when there is a sale, unless you are absolutely in love with it. Personally, I don't do the handle/strap combo either.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

thanks for the suggestions! will be keeping an eye on this.....and for codes.

https://talbots.scene7.com/is/image/Talbots/181018553_1009?$380x580$

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

Have you cheked out H-214740? I know you collect the nativity pieces like myself and others!

https://greetings-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Have-A-Nice-Day_rose-1024x697.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@gidgetghwrote:

From the picture, I don’t even see the other end of the strap attached at all. 

I’d like to look at in person, but I’m not a buyer at full price. So, I’ll just hold on, see if they get it locally, and watch for a good deal. 

@gidgetgh  Whaaaaaat?   How many times have you posted that you bought something at full price and then called in within your time period to get a discount that happened after your purchase?  LOL Smiley Happy  Hey, I read your posts! 

@Pearlee- I’m not a buyer of THAT purse for full price. I’ll just wait awhile and see what kind of deal they offer. I don’t like it enough to do the buy it at full price and hope for an adjustment thing. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@meallen616wrote:

@gidgetgh,

Have you cheked out H-214740? I know you collect the nativity pieces like myself and others!

https://greetings-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Have-A-Nice-Day_rose-1024x697.jpg

@meallen616- I saw the bunnies this morning when I searched to see if they’d brought more nativity pieces in. They’re cute, but other than dishtowels, I don’t decorate for Easter. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  We are due soon for a 40% off coupon on a full-price item.  Look for Easter weekend for that to come out, if not before then.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh

I don’t like the dual handles either. But it looks like both handles clip on so you could use either the short or long ones & don’t have to have both-right? 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesterswrote:

@gidgetgh

I don’t like the dual handles either. But it looks like both handles clip on so you could use either the short or long ones & don’t have to have both-right? 

@Tribesters- I would love for it to be like that, but I bet the short handles are permanent. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetghthe customer service people would know. You might be able to have someone cut them off, if you don't want them, and just use the long strap