Honored Contributor

I just received their latest catalog, which includes a 25 percent discount and free shipping. It can be used in stores or online (the code is your Talbots number, which is in the yellow box on the back of the catalog. I'm too lazy to double-check at the moment, but I think that it is good until February 2.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I got mine today.  I like Talbots well enough, but unless I can buy their items on  sale, I  will not purchase

I think they are over priced, and that is why they have so many good sales. When I get the garments on sale, I think they are comparable to the shopping channels

I have bought a lot of merchandise from Q and a bit from H and I don't think the quality of T's is any better

I didn't see much in the catalog or on line that interests me, except for a sweater, I want to view in person, but it is early yet, I might feel differently as the season progresses

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots promo

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I got mine today.  I like Talbots well enough, but unless I can buy their items on  sale, I  will not purchase

I think they are over priced, and that is why they have so many good sales. When I get the garments on sale, I think they are comparable to the shopping channels

I have bought a lot of merchandise from Q and a bit from H and I don't think the quality of T's is any better

I didn't see much in the catalog or on line that interests me, except for a sweater, I want to view in person, but it is early yet, I might feel differently as the season progresses

@cherry, I don't think that I've ever paid full price at Talbots.

Granted, I don't buy Q apparel (they don't carry my size, and I refuse to deal with return shipping), but I find that if I buy at Talbots using either promos or sales, I spend less, often considerably less, than the prices for what seems to be comparable, if not better, clothing presented on the Q.

For me, I like the ease of returning something at my local Talbots, and I love the choices I have for tees and sweaters, although I really don't need as many of the latter as I have bought this year. Sweater weather in SoCal is very fleeting.

It's an individual preference, of course.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@cherry  I think with T's sales and promo codes, the clothes I buy there are much less costly than ones I buy from QVC.

Honored Contributor

Clearanced prices are cheaper for sure but at 25% off a 99$ shirt I think it is still high, I pay around  $ 50 for a Marla Wynne shirt on sale, and they are the best, same with Martha Stuart. He jeans are  fabulous  and they are around $60 full price, and I like her style better than Talbots.

I am glad I got the Talbots card, and I will still shop there, but I don't like them any better than Q or H

I got Lysse blouses on  clearance at H ,for $19.99 and they  retail at about $109.  I don't care for such sheer blouses as T has, even though I think they are cute. I got a $128 Lysse blouse for $39 and the material is lasar cut and you can't see through it

I love all of the Jackets I got a T. I haven't found anything as good on Q, so it gives me a bit of variety in my wardrobe.

Trusted Contributor

I agree they are pricey.  Back in the day when I had to dress for work they were my "go to" and I still have some classic pieces that I wear when I need to dress appropriate.  I find their clothes are better than average in quality but not what they used to be.  Most of their merchandise is made in China and their sizes are all over the place.  I can be a small in something and a large in another.  That wasn't the case years ago, they were very consistent.  Now if I need something from them I try to get to a store to try on.  

As far as comparison to shopping networks....no compariston.  Different leagues and different price points. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jtdmum ~ I'm glad you mentioned the inconsistencies in sizing.  I thought it was just me, lol!

I have to mention just two days ago I scored the tartan plaid puffer jacket with the ruffle in the front.  I wasn't sure I'd like it because I like my coats to be longer but this is SO DARN CUTE!!!  I got it for $51.00 (originally $169), used a $50 gift card, so basically paid $1.00 plus tax for it.  AND....I've received compliments on it already!  Now that's what I call some good shopping!

Valued Contributor

I went online and found a Talbots discount code and got free shipping and a nice discount without the catalog. It was a great buy!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Jtdmum ~ I'm glad you mentioned the inconsistencies in sizing.  I thought it was just me, lol!

I have to mention just two days ago I scored the tartan plaid puffer jacket with the ruffle in the front.  I wasn't sure I'd like it because I like my coats to be longer but this is SO DARN CUTE!!!  I got it for $51.00 (originally $169), used a $50 gift card, so basically paid $1.00 plus tax for it.  AND....I've received compliments on it already!  Now that's what I call some good shopping!

@Julie928  I've mentioned inconsistent T sizing lots of times here!

I have the plaid puffer and feel as you do about it.   I didn't like it at all online or in the catalog and I'm not a big "ruffle" person.  When I happen to try it on in person in a T store, I just loved it!  And now own it.  I also got a great price on it with all the clearance offerings and discounts I had.  It's a real winner, and washable to boot!

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots promo

[ Edited ]

I went to Talbots today for a pr of wool dress pants.  I got the last pr in my size, and saved almost $100 from the catalog price

My husband saw a plaid popover he liked ,and they found one for me in  Delaware, so I got it.

I used my 25 % off coupon for a wrinkle resistant shirt with dots, It a light blue, and I really like it, it has a bit of span ,and it's not so sheer that I will need a cami under it

I still have a 25% off coupon that came in the catalog and I will put that with my birthday reward and save  40%

When you use a talbots charge the points add up fast

The knit sweater I was interested in buying was at the store, and I didn't like it at all

I have my eye on another popover, and they might have something else by then

I did like a cotton tee with sailboats scattered on it, but I don't want anything that says dry flat.  I hate that kind of fabric. I am a dryer type person, and I won't start  buying stuff that has to be blocked

I do like a gingham  vest I saw,  but I don't know how much I will wear it