Honored Contributor

Talbots is really on the ball

I ordered a wool blazer on Tues, and it arrived here on Thurs, and I didn't pay anything for shipping

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots is really on the ball

qvc...... i ordered a barefoot dreams TS (a second one because i loved the first one so much) on the 18th. it shipped out on the 19th. i received it on the 20th. no shipping fees on that item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

You must live near Massachusetts.  It always takes about a week for me to get things from Talbots.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Coldwater Creek let me down this season.  Ordered 2 mock necks on 11-26-18, got an e-mail promising to ship by 12-14-18. Wrote them, on 12-17, replied 12-18 with a new date.  Should be in stock by 12-30-18 on one color mock neck and get this the other color 1-14-18.    Any body else?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve got a weird order with Macy’s right now. Not a Christmas gift. It’s an item for me. 

I ordered it and it said low inventory. Order went through. Got the confirmation email and then....nothing further. Apparently it hasn’t shipped as I didn’t get a shipping email. And I also haven’t received an email telling me it’s sold out. I used $30 in Macy’s money for part of the cost. I’m fine with them cancelling it and reinstating my Macy’s money, but do something. 

I’ve had no problems with orders from Macy’s all year, but I’m going to have to give them a call on this one. 

Edited:  well, I’ll be darned. I just checked my email (for the third time this morning) and I just got a shipping confirmation from Macy’s. Coming by UPS. Shipped today. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I love Talbots and their clothes fit my lifestyle, however, their prices have really gone up.  I never buy unless its on clearance or a good sale like 40% or more.  Yes, I too find their shipping fast!

Respected Contributor

@Catch71..I agree w/ your comments..I’ve been a long time Talbot’s in store shopper and their prices have become ridiculous. Even sometimes 40%off of a simple cotton sweater that for some reason is $120 isn’t enough..🙁
Honored Contributor

I don't mind their prices (sales, of course), but I'm increasingly annoyed with their vanity sizing.

Glad you received your item so quickly, @cherry. I'm in California and receive mine about a week after it's shipped.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I*'m in MI, so it had to come a ways ,to get to me that fast

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I ordered a wool blazer on Tues, and it arrived here on Thurs, and I didn't pay anything for shipping

@cherry  I find Talbots shipping to be quite slow (which doesn't matter because I rarely need whatever it is I'm buying) and really slow when the item has to be located in a store and then the store has to ship it.