Honored Contributor

Talbots fans- I just received the prettiest item

[ Edited ]

I had my eye on something on their site for a few weeks. It went on sale. I had 2 reward certificates and a small gift card. I took a chance and ordered it and received it a few minutes ago. 

Believe it or not, it's not clothes. It's a sterling silver hinged rope bangle bracelet. It's absolutely gorgeous and very substantial. Very high polished. It exceeded my expectations by a mile. 

I wear a 7 inch bracelet and it fit me fine. It has a clasp and safety catch. It's an oval bangle.  It came really well packaged, wrapped in tissue and then in a cloth bag and box.

It's back to full price now, $199, but if you're at all interested, I'd just keep an eye on it like I did. Talbots seems to rotate the sales items frequently. 

If you're looking for something like this for a holiday gift, I can't recommend it highly enough. If you go to their site and search silver bangle, you'll find it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots fans- I just received the prettiest item

[ Edited ]

Thank you!  I have never ordered their sterling jewelry.  I just received the long gold tassel necklace.  Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Thank you!  I have never ordered their sterling jewelry.  I just received the long gold tassel necklace.  Beautiful!

@GSPgirl@- I've never ordered their sterling either. I figured the worst thing would be if I didn't like it, I'd just return it to my local store. When I bought it, it was @$130 or $133. Under $140. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

I love it when things I really want wind up going on sale AND they still have my size/color/whatever in stock. So often the item ends up on sale but not in any way that's useful for me.

Respected Contributor

I wanted to mention that I recently bought their Textured Link Bracelet and I love it. It is priced at $39.95, though I paid less during a promotion. 

I bought the gold one, and it's very pretty. I only wish I'd also gotten the silver version - which is now sold out online.

The best thing about this link bracelet is that it's adjustable, which makes it perfect for my small wrist. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Very pretty!  I assume it's the rope bangle? (I just took a look) which is $199.   They've been having 30% off jewelry although that just ended recently.

I have seen some sterling silver pieces at my local stores.  All have thus far been much too dainty for my taste (I haven't seen your bangle in person though gidgetgh) and IMO overpriced.   If your bangle is hollow, it's probably overpriced also at $199 but perhaps not at the price you paid.

That was money well spent, since you'll always have it to wear and it will always be in style (unlike clothing).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Very pretty!  I assume it's the rope bangle? (I just took a look) which is $199.   They've been having 30% off jewelry although that just ended recently.

I have seen some sterling silver pieces at my local stores.  All have thus far been much too dainty for my taste (I haven't seen your bangle in person though gidgetgh) and IMO overpriced.   If your bangle is hollow, it's probably overpriced also at $199 but perhaps not at the price you paid.

That was money well spent, since you'll always have it to wear and it will always be in style (unlike clothing).

@Pearlee- yeah, it's the rope bangle, not the two tone bangle.  I got it when it was 30% off. It's a substantial piece. It's not a tube bracelet. On the inside of the bangle it's scooped out, for lack of a better term. So it won't dent. 

I believe it's an online only piece. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Thanks. I'm on my iPad and I couldn't get the picture to save.