Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Julie928- wow, what a story. The invitation clearly said “any purchase”.  I’d have been fuming.  I’m at least glad that you got a pair. If you’re on Facebook, maybe you should post on Talbots Facebook page about your disappointing first trip today. 

I went to the Talbots closest to me. I got there a few minutes before 10 and they were already open. They were pretty crowded. I walked through and quickly picked out the things I had identified prior that I wanted to try on (but I did a return first) and I wanted to kind of hurry because I didn’t want to miss out on the earrings, LOL. 

I bought the argyle sweater in green and.....and....we’re going to have to revive @Pearlee when she reads this, but I also bought the “bling sweater” at full price. Took me a few tries to figure out the right size for me on that sweater. Anyway, when I checked out, the associate did two different transactions. I used the $20 coupon on the argyle sweater. She rang the bling sweater up separately because I told her I didn’t want the coupon applied to it. I told her that I wanted to make sure to get my correct size and then I plan to watch for a good % off and ask for a price adjustment. 

I got my earrings, two mini cupcakes to take home to my husband, a can of whatever drink they had, a bottle of water, gathered up all my “prizes”, LOL and headed home. 

I got my husband and we went out to do errands. Stopped at the second Talbots and bought an on sale 3/4 sleeve pima tee that I’d seen online. It showed that store as having my size. That store was very crowded.  Multiple people in line to check out.  I got my shirt, a full sized cupcake this time for my husband, another can of the fizzy drink and I was done. Obviously I didn’t get (or ask for) a second pair of earrings, but while they were doing my transaction the associates were taking a count of how many pairs of earrings they had left. At the counter I was at, in misses, they only had two pairs left. This was at 11:15. 

@gidgetgh, do you have good luck with getting price adjustments? I've been able to wrangle it only with online purchases that were discounted right after my order. I call and have luck sometimes. But basically, isn't there policy not to do price adjustments.

BTW, I used my $20 coupon on a Talbots T that I like. I buy mostly tops because they have PP. I used to get PP pants in stores, but they carry them now only online and I think that they are a bit larger than they used to be. So I do NYDJ.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Julie928- wow, what a story. The invitation clearly said “any purchase”.  I’d have been fuming.  I’m at least glad that you got a pair. If you’re on Facebook, maybe you should post on Talbots Facebook page about your disappointing first trip today. 

I went to the Talbots closest to me. I got there a few minutes before 10 and they were already open. They were pretty crowded. I walked through and quickly picked out the things I had identified prior that I wanted to try on (but I did a return first) and I wanted to kind of hurry because I didn’t want to miss out on the earrings, LOL. 

I bought the argyle sweater in green and.....and....we’re going to have to revive @Pearlee when she reads this, but I also bought the “bling sweater” at full price. Took me a few tries to figure out the right size for me on that sweater. Anyway, when I checked out, the associate did two different transactions. I used the $20 coupon on the argyle sweater. She rang the bling sweater up separately because I told her I didn’t want the coupon applied to it. I told her that I wanted to make sure to get my correct size and then I plan to watch for a good % off and ask for a price adjustment. 

I got my earrings, two mini cupcakes to take home to my husband, a can of whatever drink they had, a bottle of water, gathered up all my “prizes”, LOL and headed home. 

I got my husband and we went out to do errands. Stopped at the second Talbots and bought an on sale 3/4 sleeve pima tee that I’d seen online. It showed that store as having my size. That store was very crowded.  Multiple people in line to check out.  I got my shirt, a full sized cupcake this time for my husband, another can of the fizzy drink and I was done. Obviously I didn’t get (or ask for) a second pair of earrings, but while they were doing my transaction the associates were taking a count of how many pairs of earrings they had left. At the counter I was at, in misses, they only had two pairs left. This was at 11:15. 

@gidgetgh, do you have good luck with getting price adjustments? I've been able to wrangle it only with online purchases that were discounted right after my order. I call and have luck sometimes. But basically, isn't there policy not to do price adjustments.

BTW, I used my $20 coupon on a Talbots T that I like. I buy mostly tops because they have PP. I used to get PP pants in stores, but they carry them now only online and I think that they are a bit larger than they used to be. So I do NYDJ.

@suzyQ3- I’ve never had a problem with price adjustments. But I think they only do them for 14 days after purchase. If I see it go on sale, I call customer service and they do the adjustment over the phone (I have a Talbots charge). 

The only time time I had problems was about two months ago. They did a flash sale one night which included an item I just bought. I called them while the flash sale was still in effect. I asked for an adjustment and they told me they didn’t do them on flash sale items. No problem. I ordered the item again online, at the sale price, and returned the full price one I’d just bought to the store the next day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3- I’ve never had a problem with price adjustments. But I think they only do them for 14 days after purchase. If I see it go on sale, I call customer service and they do the adjustment over the phone (I have a Talbots charge). 

The only time time I had problems was about two months ago. They did a flash sale one night which included an item I just bought. I called them while the flash sale was still in effect. I asked for an adjustment and they told me they didn’t do them on flash sale items. No problem. I ordered the item again online, at the sale price, and returned the full price one I’d just bought to the store the next day. 

@gidgetgh, maybe your having a Talbot's credit card makes it easier. Do you have the one that gives you free shipping?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh, maybe your having a Talbot's credit card makes it easier. Do you have the one that gives you free shipping?

@suzyQ3- yes, I have their Premier card. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I've spent a lot more since becoming a Premier member last year.  That free shipping - always - is definitely an incentive to buy "just one thing" when I otherwise wouldn't if I had to pay the $8.00 S&H.

I went to T's just for a moment this evening to exchange something for a different size and that corsage sweater in blue was right as I entered.  It's where I first saw it too a couple of weeks ago.  It is really gorgeous.  I wanted to buy it on the spot tonight - but didn't.  As I posted earlier, I'm not sure yet which size I need - I haven't tried it on.  It looks sooooo much better in the blue; the yellow doesn't tempt me in the least.  I'm jealous that you have it at home now!  It's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen at Talbots and so much more useful than just for holidays which often their bling is more suited to.