Respected Contributor

I would love to look at some of the new stuff . . . not sure I want to venture out to the mall on a Saturday, though.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh ~ I have my $20 off coupon under my keys by the front door!  I'm really hoping there will be a percentage off, too.  If not, I may just get a blouse and wait to purchase the more expensive things until they have a flash sale or something.  This probably sounds stupid, but I really want those pearl earrings, lol!

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots coupon

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

@gidgetgh ~ I have my $20 off coupon under my keys by the front door!  I'm really hoping there will be a percentage off, too.  If not, I may just get a blouse and wait to purchase the more expensive things until they have a flash sale or something.  This probably sounds stupid, but I really want those pearl earrings, lol!

@Julie928- yep.  Doesn't matter that we have to buy something to get the free earrings, but we want them!  It's our duty to get them, LOL.

I'll be there with bells on at 10:00 AM, nose pressed against the glass, waiting for them to open.

I'm going to the store closest to our house first.  Then I'll come home and get my husband and head out to do a few errands, which will "conveniently" take us close to the other Talbots store I go to and I'll just "have" to stop in there also.

As I'd mentioned, I have a few screen shots of things I might be interested in looking at.

I looked at their site this morning.  No % off sales mentioned.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

THere is nothing special going on today at Talbots besides the earring give away which are probably all gone by now and the $20.00 coupon.  Well, there are those cupcakes if any are left.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh @Pearlee ~ Well I'm back from my second visit to Talbots ~ the first one was interesting!  So I go there and pick out a plaid wrap with hearts on it from their Breast Cancer Awareness line.  The wrap is $89.50 then I planned on using my $20.00 coupon.  The manager was adamant (and kind of rude) and told me as well as several other shoppers that in order to get the earrings you have to spend a minimum of $125 on your Talbots charge!  I didn't have my invitation with me but never recalled seeing that in print.  I told her that and she repeated the above.  I left with nothing.  After arriving home I checked my invitation and it stated "free earrings with ANY purchase" not a minimum purchase.  I called customer service and asked them and they confirmed that it is with any purchase.  At this point I decide to go back and get the wrap.  Turns out I also got the last pair of earrings.  The manger must have known I called because she didn't look at or greet me.  When I asked the sales associate about what happened she said it was supposed to be printed that there is a minimum purchase but someone made a mistake.  The ladies in line behind me were really upset about all the earrings being gone, and I don't blame them.  Honestly, I'm a little upset about the way I was treated by the manager ~ she made the mistake, not me.  I have a couple things to return then I don't know.  I'll either just shop Talbots online or go somewhere else.  Sorry this is so long but thought you guys would find this interesting.  Hope you had some good shopping today!  :-) 

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots coupon

[ Edited ]

@Julie928- wow, what a story. The invitation clearly said “any purchase”.  I’d have been fuming.  I’m at least glad that you got a pair. If you’re on Facebook, maybe you should post on Talbots Facebook page about your disappointing first trip today. 

I went to the Talbots closest to me. I got there a few minutes before 10 and they were already open. They were pretty crowded. I walked through and quickly picked out the things I had identified prior that I wanted to try on (but I did a return first) and I wanted to kind of hurry because I didn’t want to miss out on the earrings, LOL. 

I bought the argyle sweater in green and.....and....we’re going to have to revive @Pearlee when she reads this, but I also bought the “bling sweater” at full price. Took me a few tries to figure out the right size for me on that sweater. Anyway, when I checked out, the associate did two different transactions. I used the $20 coupon on the argyle sweater. She rang the bling sweater up separately because I told her I didn’t want the coupon applied to it. I told her that I wanted to make sure to get my correct size and then I plan to watch for a good % off and ask for a price adjustment. 

I got my earrings, two mini cupcakes to take home to my husband, a can of whatever drink they had, a bottle of water, gathered up all my “prizes”, LOL and headed home. 

I got my husband and we went out to do errands. Stopped at the second Talbots and bought an on sale 3/4 sleeve pima tee that I’d seen online. It showed that store as having my size. That store was very crowded.  Multiple people in line to check out.  I got my shirt, a full sized cupcake this time for my husband, another can of the fizzy drink and I was done. Obviously I didn’t get (or ask for) a second pair of earrings, but while they were doing my transaction the associates were taking a count of how many pairs of earrings they had left. At the counter I was at, in misses, they only had two pairs left. This was at 11:15. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

THere is nothing special going on today at Talbots besides the earring give away which are probably all gone by now and the $20.00 coupon.  Well, there are those cupcakes if any are left.

@KathyPet- I scored cupcakes in both stores I stopped at!

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh ~ Sounds like you got some nice things, and I'm glad you were able to get a pair of earrings!  I really like the red peacoat that was on the cover of the last catalog, as well as the tweed shetland jacket with the ruffle.  I definitely will wait for a flash sale or some sort of percentage off as those items are kind of expensive.  I think I will post a comment on their facebook page regarding my experience but something tells me they're going to have lots of comments from disappointed customers who missed out on the earrings!

Esteemed Contributor

WEll, today was a interesting day at work.  I clocked in at 1 PM and the store was very crowded.  THere were two,rolling racks behind the main counter jammed with clothes that had been removed from the dressing rooms that no one had had time to put back on the correct rack.  WE were just swamped.  IT was as bad as Black Friday.  MY manager said we ran out of earrings by 10:30 and people continued to come in and try to get them all day.  SOme customers not happy that when they arrived at 2 PM we were out.  Seriously!!!  We had a $20,000 day which for our store is simply incredible.  WE quadrupled the goal,that had been set for us.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

WEll, today was a interesting day at work.  I clocked in at 1 PM and the store was very crowded.  THere were two,rolling racks behind the main counter jammed with clothes that had been removed from the dressing rooms that no one had had time to put back on the correct rack.  WE were just swamped.  IT was as bad as Black Friday.  MY manager said we ran out of earrings by 10:30 and people continued to come in and try to get them all day.  SOme customers not happy that when they arrived at 2 PM we were out.  Seriously!!!  We had a $20,000 day which for our store is simply incredible.  WE quadrupled the goal,that had been set for us.

@KathyPet- wow, that is some total!  Both stores I went to were very busy. 

Talbots should couple those coupons with some sort of small giveaway more often if it brings in that kind of business!