Honored Contributor

Just got a postcard. 50% off one regularly priced item till noon. Then 40% off from noon through the rest of the day. 

Also, for purchases of $100 or more, they're giving a free holiday pin (snowman). In store purchases only, while supplies last. 

Talbots card holders preview days November 21-23. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I love Talbots.

Trusted Contributor

Every top I wear and own is Talbots only they fit me the best and I buy when they are very low in cost..........not fair only in stores you get a pin..........sigh  I don't need anything now but to loose weight my M sweaters that fit good last year are tight on me now and yet if I go large then they will not fit good in the top area............I like their outlets too.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @gidgetgh. I figured this 50% off was coming, as it has on Black Friday's past. There is a store a mile frommy house. Once again, I will be the first one through the door. I have my eye on a scarf.

Esteemed Contributor

If you are a Talbots CC holder they are giving 5X rewards points thru Sunday.  So depending upon your cc status you could spend $100 and get 500 points which earns you a $25.00 Dividend to spend in the future.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

If you are a Talbots CC holder they are giving 5X rewards points thru Sunday.  So depending upon your cc status you could spend $100 and get 500 points which earns you a $25.00 Dividend to spend in the future.

Thanks @KathyPet- I ordered the sterling silver rope bangle yesterday and got over 700 points and then ordered the rib stiped henley last night and loved getting the sale price and the extra points.  Hope you're enjoying your job there.  I'll tell you- I've worn the heck out of that rib striped henley this fall.  I have it in all three colors and bought a backup of the aster and gray.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Talbots black Friday

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh

yes I am enjoying my job.The only drawbacks are having to be on your feet all the time.   BY the time I finish a 5 hr shift my back and feet have had it,  The other drawback is my Talbots spending has increased because when I see something I like I calculate my employee discount and think Oh that's not much money and buy it.   I had several things on hold intending to wait until next month to get them but when I saw the 5X points promotions I went over to the store yesterday when I was not working and bought them early just to get the points bonus.  I am going to be good now until my dividends come available and buy during the post Christmas sale.

YEsterday I bought the sequined bear red holiday tee, the open front Milano sweater in red and the gorgeous gold and crystal cluster necklace.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

Can you tell me if this looks "cheap" in person?  People complain that the snaps look bad when this is worn open.

Herringbone Plaid Sweater Coat

I think I would want the option of wearing it open or closed.

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

THe snaps are pretty large about the size of a penny.  I don't think they look cheap but they are metal not fabric covered.  The problem with this topper IMHO is the large size and contrasting colors.  I have seen several woman of different sizes try this on and it was not flattering on anyone except for one woman that looked fabulous in it.  SHe was a Plus size.  PRobably a 1X.  SHe was about 5ft 9  or 10 inches tall and while she was probably a Plus size she didn't have a lot of excess weight she was just big boned. SHe tried it on wearing black leggings, ankle boots and a long black turtleneck sweater and looked smashing but she was tall enough and had the physical,stature to carry that large a plaid off. I tried it on but at 5 ft 4 And a fluffy 1 or 2X it looked terrible.  Anyway it was not a big seller which is why it is on permanent markdown now.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

Thanks for the detailed review!

People said it ran big, but when I looked for the smaller size (not available online) it was $100 vs. the $70 for the ones remaining online.

I'll pass. Cat Sad