Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots - Upcoming Specials!

@gidgetgh  Thanks so much for the photos!  You photographed that necklace much better than T's did, and your photo helped clarify the photo I got of the two necklace choices that came in the catalog insert.

Oh, I love the bag!  I hope Ts got enough of them in to continue using them for a while!  It reminds me of the image on the tote.   That bag is definitely the best ever T bag.  I hope @Dulwich sees your photo!

Thanks again,

Pearley

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Ok....I’m a caver. Just call me a caver. After saying just yesterday that I wasn’t going today....

I ended up going to the Talbots closest to us this morning. I returned two of the items I bought a few days ago. I tried them on again at home this morning and didn’t think they looked that terrific on me after all so I returned them. 

But I bought some other items this morning (including the gray t shirt with the apples on it. Cute, lightweight and comfortable). I qualified for the necklace and picked the silver tone. 

I got the room temperature water, a cookie for my husband and some peppermints for me. 

But the most exciting thing is that they had shopping bags with a scene from London on them. I asked specifically that my purchases go in that shopping bag. I’m a cheap date. Forget the purchases. I loved the shopping bag. 

LOL -- I knew you'd mention the "room temperature water" and cookies! Smiley Happy I got the bag, too -- sounds crazy to say, but it's really lovely, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Ok....I’m a caver. Just call me a caver. After saying just yesterday that I wasn’t going today....

I ended up going to the Talbots closest to us this morning. I returned two of the items I bought a few days ago. I tried them on again at home this morning and didn’t think they looked that terrific on me after all so I returned them. 

But I bought some other items this morning (including the gray t shirt with the apples on it. Cute, lightweight and comfortable). I qualified for the necklace and picked the silver tone. 

I got the room temperature water, a cookie for my husband and some peppermints for me. 

But the most exciting thing is that they had shopping bags with a scene from London on them. I asked specifically that my purchases go in that shopping bag. I’m a cheap date. Forget the purchases. I loved the shopping bag. 

LOL -- I knew you'd mention the "room temperature water" and cookies! Smiley Happy I got the bag, too -- sounds crazy to say, but it's really lovely, isn't it?

@jonbon- I knew you’d get a kick out of the room temperature water mention, LOL. 

Love the shopping bag. I even texted a picture of it to my sister. She said she’d been to Talbots, but they gave her a regular shopping bag. She was still in the mall. I won’t be surprised if she went back in and asked them to change bags. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I went to a store next to one of our Talbots yesterday (with an upcoming 40% off coupon in mind, I deliberately didn't go into Ts) and I saw a woman walk out of T's with the same shopping bag you got, @gidgetgh .  It is so darn cute!  I hope when I buy something with the upcoming coupon that I get one!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

On Saturday Aug. 25th, there is a fall shopping party at Talbots stores (light refreshments) and the 25% off regularly priced merchandise continues.  On that day only, you get a free necklace - while supplies last (and they go fast) with a $150 minimum purchase.   There is a picture of the necklaces in the catalog I got in the mail - choice of goldtone or silvertone pendant and chain. The pendant is a round disk of some kind - or it could even be a magnifying glass but I don't think so - I can't tell from the photo.  Nor can I tell  its length from the photo.  But IMO it looks much nicer than the usual freebie gift with purchase that T has.

Also, I asked the manager of the T's I was in yesterday whether there would be a 40% off one item coupon for Labor Day weekend.  She said she saw a notice recently for an upcoming one, and she thinks it's for Labor Day but couldn't remember for sure.  In my experience, those often come out as promos for holiday weekends which is why I asked.   Also, when it comes via email (which I expect, as well as a post card about it), I'm able to print several out and use several of them at different stores so it's not just a one-time use coupon; I use it several times.

I

I had to return something over the weekend to this T store, and spoke to the manager about being disappointed about not getting the 40% off coupon, and asked whether it would be at the end of this month (I didn't post above that she had originally said she thought it was for Labor Day but if not it would be at the end of September).  She said it had disappeared off their notices - that T had simply changed the promotions which she said happens some times.  She had seen an upcoming 40% off coupon that she thought was for Labor Day weekend but it has disappeared from the upcoming promos she has seen from what she gets from T.  I asked her whether it was still on for the end of this month and she said "no."

My apologies to those who, like myself, were expecting the 40% off coupon!

She handed me the next promo which is for a party (light refreshments) on Sept. 29 with another 25% off entire purchase and 3X points.  I said "but you just had that recently" and she said "I know!"   I've never seen a 3X points so close to the previous one before.  I don'tknow whether all Ts will be having that party or just that store I was in.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

On Saturday Aug. 25th, there is a fall shopping party at Talbots stores (light refreshments) and the 25% off regularly priced merchandise continues.  On that day only, you get a free necklace - while supplies last (and they go fast) with a $150 minimum purchase.   There is a picture of the necklaces in the catalog I got in the mail - choice of goldtone or silvertone pendant and chain. The pendant is a round disk of some kind - or it could even be a magnifying glass but I don't think so - I can't tell from the photo.  Nor can I tell  its length from the photo.  But IMO it looks much nicer than the usual freebie gift with purchase that T has.

Also, I asked the manager of the T's I was in yesterday whether there would be a 40% off one item coupon for Labor Day weekend.  She said she saw a notice recently for an upcoming one, and she thinks it's for Labor Day but couldn't remember for sure.  In my experience, those often come out as promos for holiday weekends which is why I asked.   Also, when it comes via email (which I expect, as well as a post card about it), I'm able to print several out and use several of them at different stores so it's not just a one-time use coupon; I use it several times.

I

I had to return something over the weekend to this T store, and spoke to the manager about being disappointed about not getting the 40% off coupon, and asked whether it would be at the end of this month (I didn't post above that she had originally said she thought it was for Labor Day but if not it would be at the end of September).  She said it had disappeared off their notices - that T had simply changed the promotions which she said happens some times.  She had seen an upcoming 40% off coupon that she thought was for Labor Day weekend but it has disappeared from the upcoming promos she has seen from what she gets from T.  I asked her whether it was still on for the end of this month and she said "no."

She handed me the next promo which is for a party (light refreshments) on Sept. 29 with another 25% off entire purchase and 3X points.  I said "but you just had that recently" and she said "I know!"   I've never seen a 3X points so close to the previous one before.  I don'tknow whether all Ts will be having that party or just that store I was in.

@Pearlee- oooohhhhhh.....light refreshments!

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I

Cheryl's cookies (or mini cupcakes) and room temperature water for everyone! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I

@gidgetgh  LOL!  Yes, at this particular T, it's warm bottled T water and individually wrapped chocolate truffles.  Not usually cookies at this one but the truffles are darn good.  If you took some, they might not make it out to hubby in the car!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I

@gidgetgh  LOL!  Yes, at this particular T, it's warm bottled T water and individually wrapped chocolate truffles.  Not usually cookies at this one but the truffles are darn good.  If you took some, they might not make it out to hubby in the car!  Smiley Happy

@Pearlee@jonbon- my two stores are Cheryl’s Cookies, sometimes those individually wrapped shortbread cookies that aren’t Cheryl’s and sometimes mini cupcakes. But the water never varies!  LOL. 

Oh, and last time they also had those puffy peppermints that melt away when you put them in your mouth. I adore those things. I took 5 I think, LOL. 

Honored Contributor

Do any of you other ladies know about a party at your T stores on 9/29?

@gidgetgh  Those puffy peppermints are good, not nearly as fattening as truffles, but are really kinda cheap, don't you think?