Honored Contributor

Talbots - Upcoming Specials!

[ Edited ]

On Saturday Aug. 25th, there is a fall shopping party at Talbots stores (light refreshments) and the 25% off regularly priced merchandise continues.  On that day only, you get a free necklace - while supplies last (and they go fast) with a $150 minimum purchase.   There is a picture of the necklaces in the catalog I got in the mail - choice of goldtone or silvertone pendant and chain. The pendant is a round disk of some kind - or it could even be a magnifying glass but I don't think so - I can't tell from the photo.  Nor can I tell  its length from the photo.  But IMO it looks much nicer than the usual freebie gift with purchase that T has.

Also, I asked the manager of the T's I was in yesterday whether there would be a 40% off one item coupon for Labor Day weekend.  She said she saw a notice recently for an upcoming one, and she thinks it's for Labor Day but couldn't remember for sure.  In my experience, those often come out as promos for holiday weekends which is why I asked.   Also, when it comes via email (which I expect, as well as a post card about it), I'm able to print several out and use several of them at different stores so it's not just a one-time use coupon; I use it several times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots - Upcoming Specials!

@Pearlee wrote:

On Saturday Aug. 25th, there is a fall shopping party at Talbots stores (light refreshments) and the 25% off regularly priced merchandise continues.  On that day only, you get a free necklace - while supplies last (and they go fast) with a $150 minimum purchase.   There is a picture of the necklaces in the catalog I got in the mail - choice of goldtone or silvertone pendant and chain. The pendant is a round disk of some kind - or it could even be a magnifying glass but I don't think so - I can't tell from the photo.  Nor can I tell  its length from the photo.  But IMO it looks much nicer than the usual freebie gift with purchase that T has.

Also, I asked the manager of the T's I was in yesterday whether there would be a 40% off one item coupon for Labor Day weekend.  She said she saw a notice recently for an upcoming one, and she thinks it's for Labor Day but couldn't remember for sure.  In my experience, those often come out as promos for holiday weekends which is why I asked.   Also, when it comes via email (which I expect, as well as a post card about it), I'm able to print several out and use several of them at different stores so it's not just a one-time use coupon; I use it several times.

just got a catalog and took it from the recycle bag to see what's inside

25 off reg price purchase online instore til 9/3, 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Reminder about the Talbot's party in stores tomorrow. Get there early if you want to get the freebie necklace with a minimum $150 purchase.   (I'm not going).

Super Contributor

Wow, Pearley! You are so helpful. It's weird - I hadn't looked into Talbots in a while and suddenly thought of them and saw this! We must have similar tastes. A few messages back I referred to Oh My Gauze, and you said you liked. I really like Talbots -  for classic and quality "work wear" especially. Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

I’m skipping the party tomorrow but I have bought a few things recently. Using the 25% and a rewards certificate. 

Waiting for a Talbots gift card to come from cashing in some Discover points and hoping to use that with a healthy % off for Labor Day weekend on a sweater. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I made it into my local store today for the first time in a while. Walked out with two pairs of jeans -- high-rise straight leg, which I plan to roll, and high-rise barely bootcut. I was happy to find a couple of styles I haven't worn for a while (most of mine are currently slim ankle), and both pairs fit extremely well with no waist gap! Also tried on a couple of other items and will think about what more I really want/need. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind - I had the wrong day regarding my comments.

Honored Contributor

Ok....I’m a caver. Just call me a caver. After saying just yesterday that I wasn’t going today....

I ended up going to the Talbots closest to us this morning. I returned two of the items I bought a few days ago. I tried them on again at home this morning and didn’t think they looked that terrific on me after all so I returned them. 

But I bought some other items this morning (including the gray t shirt with the apples on it. Cute, lightweight and comfortable). I qualified for the necklace and picked the silver tone. 

I got the room temperature water, a cookie for my husband and some peppermints for me. 

But the most exciting thing is that they had shopping bags with a scene from London on them. I asked specifically that my purchases go in that shopping bag. I’m a cheap date. Forget the purchases. I loved the shopping bag. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  You caver!   LOL Smiley Happy

Ooooohhhh about the cute shopping bag!  I want one now. 

How long was the necklace - I couldn't tell from the photos - long or short?

And is it a disk or a magnifying glass (I'm assuming the former).  I would have chosen silvertone also.

I may have to go to Talbots..... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee- the center of the necklace is a disk, mother of pearl like. It’s a fairly short necklace, but has about a 3 inch extender. Fully extended my guess is 24 inches. I fully extended it but still couldn’t get it over my head. 

Here’s a picture of both. 

D9FA613D-72BB-4328-860A-7738911479ED.jpeg

2828C3DD-15BD-497F-BB7D-76E15FD6BCC1.jpeg