Honored Contributor

Talbots - So Disappointed About Mother's Day

I was hoping for a good deal this weekend, maybe 50% off one item, but nooooooo.

Classic Awards members get 3X points for purchases made in stores, but otherwise it's just the same old 30% off tops.  Oh, and the $39.50 solid color charming cardis.

Big disappointment.  I'd rather have a cut price than 3X points.

From my email:

"Classic Awards members earn triple points on all merchandise purchases made in retail stores, Talbots Factory Outlet and Clearance stores 5/10/19-5/12/19. "

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots - So Disappointed About Mother's Day

It might not  happen until June @Pearlee ..or for Memorial Day

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It might not  happen until June @Pearlee ..or for Memorial Day

@cherry   To my recollection anyway, it's usually been something better than this for Mother's Day!

Honored Contributor

Maybe  my rewards will come by then

Honored Contributor

It wouldn’t have helped me this weekend. I’m ready for some new arrivals. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ladies that voile top ,with the embroidery ,is simply stunning. It is lined so nothing shows, and very light weight. I just love it

Honored Contributor

If your subtital is $167.00, you would earn a $25.00 award with three x the points.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  thanks for reminding me. I got a pr of panties today and it bumped up my points, so ,I will get another reward Heart

I am saving them for the redhanger sale, unless something pops up too tasty to resist

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

If your subtital is $167.00, you would earn a $25.00 award with three x the points.

@ECBG     As I posted earlier, I'd rather have a cheaper price than accumulate points.  Futhermore, your post isn't true for all.  Premier members accumulate points at a higher rate than classic awards customers who are not Premier.

Honored Contributor

I did my Talbots shopping last week.  40% off one item and 30% off of the rest.  I am done for the summer.  I have so many new items in my closet right now with tags on them.  I don't need anything more.

I don't worry about earning points.  It's just another gimmick to get you to spend more money. Sure you can earn $25, but nothing Talbots sells is $25.... so you end up spending more. Even if you earn more than $25, think of how much money you had to spend to get that.