Honored Contributor

Talbots Red Hanger Sale Starts Today!

40% off clearance and for the first time ever an extra 15% off using T's credit card.

Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots Red Hanger Sale Starts Today!

I looked at a couple of items this morning but the website seemed to be acting up.  I may try later this morning and see if I can get ano order through.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I got about the same deal last week on sale items when I ordered 3+ items and got 50% off. Not sure how much more I need at this point!

Honored Contributor

@jonbon. Yeah I was thinking I'd wait til prices get lower or percentage off gets higher before I even look. The deal gets better the longer the RH sale goes on. There is nothing I need or have my heart set on so if something sells out, oh well.
Respected Contributor

If I see something i like, I might watch for a further markdown, but I really don't need much. And to be honest, I'm kind of over Talbots. Every display or outfit suggestion in the store is waaayyyyyy overstyled. Take a shirt, put a sweater over it, put a belt around the sweater, put a vest on over that, add a scarf to that and then a necklace. It looks like the old kids line of Garanimals, but for adults. The associates tell me that corporate requires it, requires that they push more and more pieces at customers and wants them to dress the same way as well. For me, it's a huge turnoff. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1. That reminds me of all the posters who think just because Lori Goldstein layers we all have to with her clothes. I use my own style when wearing clothes. What Talbots puts together for a display never influences what I will buy nor how I will wear it. It doesn't take much imagination to imagine it worn a different way.
Honored Contributor

Just don't order anything you need in a timely manner.  Their shipping has never been great to the West Coast but now it is ridiculous.  I have items I ordered last month that have still not arrived.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@FrostyBabe1. That reminds me of all the posters who think just because Lori Goldstein layers we all have to with her clothes. I use my own style when wearing clothes. What Talbots puts together for a display never influences what I will buy nor how I will wear it. It doesn't take much imagination to imagine it worn a different way.

Well, they certainly don't have any imagination when it comes to putting together their store displays!

And of course I can, and do use my own style preferences. The first time they bring me 8 different pieces to go with whatever it is that I'm looking at, I very politely tell them that I prefer to make my own choices and I'll ask for assistance if needed. 

We know you're in love with Talbots - but other people can have and express their views as well. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Just don't order anything you need in a timely manner.  Their shipping has never been great to the West Coast but now it is ridiculous.  I have items I ordered last month that have still not arrived.  

My understanding for the recent shipping delays is that the warehouses were closed so they were shipping stock from stores. So if you ordered 3 things, they could come from 3 different stores and shipping might be dependent on when they had someone in the store to do the shipments.