Trusted Contributor

Re: Talbots Plaid Taffeta Skirt

I had this in my cart. I love it and I love the shoes too.

The more I though about it, the more I convinced myself that the office christmas party was not a good enough reason to spend a hundred dollars on a skirt.

We host christmas eve every year, but it's very casual and we all end up in the hot tub and around the fire pit. So that excuse was moot.

Can't have everything, i suppose.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Joan Rivers gold with black tapestry skirt and I can say I have enjoyed wearing it.  Agree with Wilma and Greeneyed Lady to wear your nice things as life is short. Talbots has the skirt paired with a simple sweater to wear other than for party events. 406830_GDB.jpg

Honored Contributor

I believe I recall a green taffeta skirt way, way back when I was around 7 yrs old.

I love this adult taffeta skirt!  Very classic in a new way.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Gosh--very striking and eye catching!

I would certainly buy this for my mother (she loves Talbot's!), although it is a little too conservative for me.

A while back, I did buy one of those Joan River taffeta skirts, but I don't wear it (too much fabric), but what is nice is that the waist is stretchy and slip on.  I am not sure the Talbot's would be able to be as easy-to-wear since it is a zipper.

I also bought the two Louis Dell-Olio long skirts in blue and gold (see below)--also stunning, although I have yet to wear them, either.  

I like skirts, but I always end up wearing dresses...

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Regular Embroidered Skirt

Honored Contributor

I love it.  I had the JR skirt.  I bought it on clearance and they only had regular length.  I'm short.  My drycleaner charged  $35 to shorten it and take the waist in.  More than I paid for the skirt but It was beautiful and classy and I wanted it.  I wore that skirt to dinners, parties, holiday gatherings for years.  Until I gained weight.  My JR skirt was in black watch plaid or similar to it.  

Trusted Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Gosh--very striking and eye catching!

I would certainly buy this for my mother (she loves Talbot's!), although it is a little too conservative for me.

A while back, I did buy one of those Joan River taffeta skirts, but I don't wear it (too much fabric), but what is nice is that the waist is stretchy and slip on.  I am not sure the Talbot's would be able to be as easy-to-wear since it is a zipper.

I also bought the two Louis Dell-Olio long skirts in blue and gold (see below)--also stunning, although I have yet to wear them, either.  

I like skirts, but I always end up wearing dresses...

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Regular Embroidered Skirt

@FancyPhillyshopper 

The plaid one does not appeal to me but I would certainly wear the LDO. Very pretty! I miss getting dressed up for special occasions. My goddaughter's wedding in 2019 was my most recent.

Super Contributor

Brings back many happy times when I was younger and got together for parties during the holidays and family celebrations.  We always dressed up and wore all the family heirlooms that the next generation has absolutely no interest in.  My 8 year old granddaughter did comment on my emerald earrings last week.  A good sign.  She also liked a vintage holiday purse I carried to a show!  

Thanks for showing this.