Honored Contributor

Talbots Online Flash Sale - 40^ off Select Summer Casuals

[ Edited ]

Til midnight.  I think it includes the watermelon sweater @gidgetgh, so I may as well get it using Ebates online tonight.  Good thing I tried it on at the store yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots Online Flash Sale - 40^ off Select Summer Casuals

@gidgetgh  Boohoo! My sweater isn't on the flash sale after all, even though the email promo has watermelons on it!  And it's casual!  Probably because it's a New Arrival it isn't included.  Waaaaah~   But your birdie charming cardigan sweater is (that match your new pants).  You already have the sweater though, right?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Boohoo! My sweater isn't on the flash sale after all, even though the email promo has watermelons on it!  And it's casual!  Probably because it's a New Arrival it isn't included.  Waaaaah~   But your birdie charming cardigan sweater is (that match your new pants).  You already have the sweater though, right?

Yes, already have that sweater.  I love it.  I'm sorry your sweater wasn't in the flash one, but it will qualify for the next sale tomorrow, LOL.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  So this is weird. I just got via email 40% off any one regularly priced item (broader than last night's flash sale) for online or print coupon for store.   So today I could get the watermelon sweater either online or in store.  I guess tomorrow's 40% sale starts today for those of us signed up for the  emails.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee: Thanks for pointing out today's date on that email. Did not look at mine that closely so looked again and there it was in small print at the bottom. Will probably run up there today. 

Honored Contributor

So I went to Talbot's today to get the curvy pair of jeans I tried on Monday that was mistakenly on the sale rack and would have been 50% off for me (I'd have bought two things if only socks for the 2nd thing)  with my 40% off coupon - that seashore color which is a medium denim, not real light and not dark, just medium colored blue.  YAY.  So the coupon definitely worked today.  

I also tried on the watermelon sweater again.  I think I will purchase it on this 40% deal but am not as sure now.  I mentioned I don't like split necks, and this one won't stay up at all, being a sweater material.  The two sides of it flop down which I don't like - makes the neckline look  sloppy.   So I'm thinking about what to do about that - I don't want to wear Hollywood tape in the hot weather to try to keep the two sides up.  I might tack it together at the top of the "V" split so the sides stay up and it looks like a round neckline but I'm not completely sure yet whether now to buy it.  It's ever-so-cute and the colors look so good on me  -- and it's so soft. . I sure wish it just had a regular round neckline.