Honored Contributor

Talbots New Oprah Collection Rollout Is Feb. 19th - Dress For Success

I get O magazine (well, I got my last issue which is March) and there are quite a few pages devoted to her rollout of her spring Talbots collection (five pieces all in black and white).  30% of what Talbots makes goes to Dress for Success, a worthy cause. 

I usually like the items in the Oprah collection, although those items are often excluded from T's coupons for spring clothing.  

Our local T stores are having trunk shows on Feb. 19th to roll out the spring collection and also collecting nearly-new clothes for Dress for Success.  Fun!

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots New Oprah Collection Rollout Is Feb. 19th - Dress For Success

Clothes to wear while you are eating her soup and her pizza while you her tv special??  Thanks, but I'll pass....lol  

Honored Contributor

I find  something I like, I will buy it. Oprah does a lot of good, for other people. She doesn't endorse junk, and it is still a free country

She has built her empire from nothing, and I admire people like this, particularly women. They are great examples to the young   ladies , that it can happen

Honored Contributor

I'll take a look. If the clothes look nice and I find something that I really really want, then I will buy it....Not just because her name is on it....I admire Oprah and she has done a lot of good for herself and for others......

Honored Contributor

If you click on her stuff( on Talbots) there is a video of her new offerings. It is black and white. I saw a cute tee, I like the looks of

Respected Contributor

I sometimes purchase something from the collection, even if it's something small like a scarf, because it benefits Dress for Success. There's also a matching program from Talbots if one makes a monetary donation, and another way to support the organization is to donate gently used business-type clothing at a Talbots store. The collaboration is technically between Talbots and O, The Oprah Magazine. Oprah doesn't appear in any of the printed things I've seen so far -- they usually choose other "celebrity" women to model the clothing and talk about Dress for Success. The  main "Oprah" person involved is the creative director for the magazine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unlike some, the last thing I want is something that represents any celebrity or brand name. Don't want to do free advertising for any well known person, and wearing something with someone's name on it is a real turn off for me.

I won't even drive a car with the name of the dealership on it.  I was told that they couldn't remove a name of a dealer once and I agreed to leave the name there, provided they pay me a $25.00 per diam fee for advertisiing for them or cancel the sale. They quickly found a way to remove the name. Buying a car from Smith/Jones dealer is no great source of pride for me.

Initials and name for me had best be mine or I'm not interested. And yes, I know I'm ridiculous about some things - this one included.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Unlike some, the last thing I want is something that represents any celebrity or brand name. Don't want to do free advertising for any well known person, and wearing something with someone's name on it is a real turn off for me.

I won't even drive a car with the name of the dealership on it.  I was told that they couldn't remove a name of a dealer once and I agreed to leave the name there, provided they pay me a $25.00 per diam fee for advertisiing for them or cancel the sale. They quickly found a way to remove the name. Buying a car from Smith/Jones dealer is no great source of pride for me.

Initials and name for me had best be mine or I'm not interested. And yes, I know I'm ridiculous about some things - this one included.

@Perkup   Nothing about Oprah appears on the clothing, except the tag that detaches says it's from the Oprah line.  You aren't wearing anything that advertises for her, so I'm not sure what the problem is. It is not free advertising for her.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup   Nothing about Oprah appears on the clothing, except the tag that detaches says it's from the Oprah line.  You aren't wearing anything that advertises for her, so I'm not sure what the problem is. It is not free advertising for her.

But in spite of no outer information, I know what it says on the inside.  I have a problem with celebs who drift iinto so many areas where they really aren't the oriiginators.   I am pretty sure Oprah isn't a clothing designer. Just letting someone use her name..  Regardless it's not for me.    

Trusted Contributor

I watched the video and am Very underwhelmed with the Oprah collection. I am really surprised because normally it's at least interesting. Just looks run-of-the-mill to me