Honored Contributor

Talbots Memorial Day Weekend Deal

50% off Two or More Clearance Items or 40% Off One

Through Monday

On another thread I had....50% off storewide at the outlet stores

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots Memorial Day Weekend Deal

I may go to a store today.  If not, tomorrow.  There are a couple of things in particular I'm looking for. that have been on sale and therefore 50% off (I'm sure I'll find two things to buy).

Respected Contributor

I ordered several items a couple days ago -- lots of things ended up in the $20(ish) or less category!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to a Ts today - probably should have gone a couple of days ago when the sale first started.   First I looked at the New Arrivals and really liked a lot of them.  The new fruit tees are really cute; I esp. liked the watermelon one.  The cherries one is quite glitzy (pretty) and is a very, very thin slub cotton like many of LOGO's summer lightweight cottons.   I tried on a Boho Chic everyday maxi dress - very lightweight - that I really liked but I'm not going to pay anything close to full price for it.  There was quite a bit of new Boho Chic  all of which I'm really loving, and it looks so different for Talbots.  

I bought the following at half the clerance price: a couple of scarves (one a gift - the pink flamingo one) ,  two pair of soc ks (a blue gingham pair to wear with blue jeans and the LOVE socks from Valentine's Day and a no-wrinkle sleeveless blouse at half the clearance price that I really like, the Perfect Sleeveless Shirt - Rose Toile that I have two different blue and white Talbot scarves to go with. . I liked a few purses but didn't need any so I passed on those.   My new blouse (blue on a white background, even if in the photo the background of the blouse as a blue-ish tint; it doesn't really, it's a crisp white),  I have a few blue Logo cardi's this blouse would look nice unerneath.  @Trudey

@Mellie2  I wonder if I have the nerve to wear this blouse with our blue Halston jogger pants?   The colors work...but that's a lot of print top and bottom.  I'm sure, if I did, Lori would approve!  LOL Smiley Happy

talbotblouse.jpg

Honored Contributor

I've got a few orders in process.  I all of a sudden love the bateau neck 3/4 tee shirt.  I bought a few locally and ordered a few more on sale (but not part of the extra sale %).  

I also ordered another of the eyelet tee's and a T for Talbots item.  Both of those did qualify for the extra % off.

This spring, I've loved the long no-close cardigan.  I have it in a few colors and love it.  I wear them at home in place of a robe (I don't own any robes).  I'm really tempted to order another one, blue.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I went to a Ts today - probably should have gone a couple of days ago when the sale first started.   First I looked at the New Arrivals and really liked a lot of them.  The new fruit tees are really cute; I esp. liked the watermelon one.  The cherries one is quite glitzy (pretty) and is a very, very thin slub cotton like many of LOGO's summer lightweight cottons.   I tried on a Boho Chic everyday maxi dress - very lightweight - that I really liked but I'm not going to pay anything close to full price for it.  There was quite a bit of new Boho Chic  all of which I'm really loving, and it looks so different for Talbots.  

@I bought the following at half the clerance price: a couple of scarves (one a gift - the pink flamingo one) ,  two pair of soc ks (a blue gingham pair to wear with blue jeans and the LOVE socks from Valentine's Day and a no-wrinkle sleeveless blouse at half the clearance price that I really like, the Perfect Sleeveless Shirt - Rose Toile that I have two different blue and white Talbot scarves to go with. . I liked a few purses but didn't need any so I passed on those.   My new blouse (blue on a white background, even if in the photo the background of the blouse as a blue-ish tint; it doesn't really, it's a crisp white),  I have a few blue Logo cardi's this blouse would look nice unerneath.  @Trudey

talbotblouse.jpg

@Pearlee- that's a really pretty blouse.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Thanks about the blouse.   Good haul for you too. Smiley Happy  (Although I'm not buying anything that isn't 50% off.  And for those who only see one item which only qualifites for 40% off, buy a pair of socks on sale for $4  for the second item at the half price which will probably be less than the 10% extra off you'll get on the first item!

Did you notice how much of the sterling silver jewelry is on sale plus another 50% off?  In case you need matching pieces (like the necklace and earrings) for your bangle bracelets which  are on the clearance for half off $139!  Last night I went through all pages of the clearance sale - about 45 pages!

Honored Contributor

I'm going to a different  Talbot's today, just to see its selection, given it's the last day of the half off clearance sale.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh So I went to another Talbot's today. This was a smaller one which is sometimes good because it doesn't get as much traffic as the one closest to me but today it worked against me - the clearance stuff was all picked over.  However:

(1)  I found a pair of curvy straight leg jeans in my size on the clearance pants rack.  i noticed that not all things on the rack had been marked down, but I figured - as sometimes happens - they just didn't have time to mark everything.  So I had them do a price check and nope - not on sale, someone just put it on the wrong rack.  I was so bummed.  They were in the seaside color and I really liked that middle denim color and I had tried them on and they looked great!  I did have rewards but didn't want to spend them on the pants, although I'm considering it.  

(2) I tried on the new watermelon sweater and absolutely loved everything about it except I don't like the split neckline.  But I'm going to overlook that and get it when the price gets better because it looked great on me (the watermelons were a really pretty color that made my pale skin look pink and healthy), the material was absolutely divine for summer - maybe the lightest and softest sweater top I've ever felt, and lastly, it was so darn cute, with even one watermelon slice having a bite taken out of it.  It's definitely on my "get in the future" list!

(3) Red hanger sale coming up in June.  So probably all the clearance stuff I bought during this sale will soon be even less in June!   I'll probably spend one or two of my three rewards during red hanger clearance in June!

Bottom line: bought nothing there today.