Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Cute sweater.  I don't know who the ugly man is in the picture but I don't get the connection. I love the sweater.  Talbots is always good looking and so reasonably priced that I've been buying there for decades.  For an expensive everyday clothes, it can't be beat. 

@libbyannE  I don't think T's retail prices are reasonable for what you are getting, but their sales are fantastic and by red hanger sales, they're practically giving the clothes away!

Esteemed Contributor

I spent $300 today and that's with my 50% employee discount and using two,dividends.  WOrking at Talbots allows me to,self fund my clothing obsession.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I spent $300 today and that's with my 50% employee discount and using two,dividends.  WOrking at Talbots allows me to,self fund my clothing obsession.

@KathyPet- what did you get?  I've bought several things in the last week. 

I have a sudden urge to go try this sweater on, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@lolakimono  -  YES!!!  That is too funny, because yesterday I was looking at it online and immediately thought, "that's Freddy Krueger's outfit!"Woman LOL

Just showed my husband the Talbot's picture and asked him what it reminded him of, and without missing a beat said, "Freddy Krueger."

I do have to say, the rest of their Fall pieces are quite cute!  I've found quite a bit I like.

@IlliniGirl88

I showed it to BF.  First he said "rugby" and then he said "Where's Waldo?" but he doesn't know F.K. so I was not surprised.

I ordered two cat items- should be here this week!Cat Happy

@lolakimono,We have a cat scarf and a white slip over shirt where the neck ties with a ribbon in the back creating a key hole.  The background is white, there kitties are in black outlines, and there are blues, reds, and I believe yellow colored forms through out the print.  I thought it was well done.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  When I saw your post, I thought a Freddie Kruger sweater... even before I scrolled down to see his face.

I would never wear that sweater.  My kids would laugh at me.  They are all Freddie fans, especially my youngest son.  It would make a great Halloween costume.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

LOL.....have never seen the movie (because i am not a huge fan of the horror genre), but that is funny!

dont care for the sweater at all......i dont do horizontal stripes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We'll never know, but maybe Talbot's ghost tops designer had recently watched Nightmare on Elm Street and was still feeling Freddie when the striped sweater was conceived. Woman Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

My haul was the double faced ruffled jacket in the Azalea color, the red scalloped edge ponte jacket, the glen plaid Hampshire pants, the blue and white Oh La La turtleneck, the embroided Paris sweater, the red and ivory bow and stripe sweater and the two flower pins in the red and navy and black and white.  THere is still more on my wish list.  I must have the fringed tweed jacket in the pink and black but that will have to wait next month as I have now spent my entire Talbots paychecks for the rest of this month.

Honored Contributor

Lol, it does remind me of Freddy's sweater

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I like the sweater and I've seen the movie franchise! LOL besides I recently bought fabric with a Walking Dead theme! Clearly I don't care if somebody makes the connection