Esteemed Contributor

I hope I am wrong, but right now it looks like Talbot's may be changing up their pant offerings and only offering Curvy fit in what they call "plus" sizes. So disappointing if this is what they end up doing. I finally found a company that offers me pants that fit, are consistent between styles and fabrics and now they aren't going to offer curvy fit jeans below a size 14 anymore? UGH! 

I did a search for new jeans, curvy fit and the size range starts at 14. Fingers crossed that they just have not rec'd the other sizes and I'm stressing out over nothing. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots Curvy fit jeans ...

@kate2357 

The unfortunate result of political correctness has turned 'curvy' in to a euphemism for plus sized! Meanwhile women of any size can be curvy!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a BF who is 5'2" and 110#.  She wears this type.  One of the few that don't gap at the waist.  Have to check with her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@kate2357 

The unfortunate result of political correctness has turned 'curvy' in to a euphemism for plus sized! Meanwhile women of any size can be curvy!

I'm just annoyed as all get out at prospect of having to go try on 10 pairs of pants to maybe, just maybe find one pair that fit me correctly. Ugh. I discovered the Talbots pants from a suggestion from someone on the Q boards and I've raved to anyone who wanted to listen about how great Talbots pants fit, quailty, price ... etc. 

I run over 35 miles a week and have a tush. I will probably always have a bit of a tush. I've been a size 16 and a size 4 and all the sizes in between. Real pants have always been a challenge fit wise. 

Sorry for vent. I really do hate when they change the things I love. From soap to pants. LOL. Oh, and just to complete the old lady rant ... you, kid, get off my grass! Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 

With the addition of spandex it's easier to find a jean to fit an hourglass shape. As a young adult I did find two brands that worked and they were Joseph, which I could only find at a boutique across the street from the U of M, and Tommy Hilfiger.

The Joseph's were expensive in the late 80s at 75 bucks a pair but I was fortunate to find the helfigers at thrift stores

These days it's true religion which are around $200 a pair in most retail but I purchase them at Nordstrom rack or off fifth for about half the price

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

This ticks me off and it's happening more and more. Curvy fit has to do with waist hip ratio. not just plus. I'm a size 6/8 and curvy not plus. I finally get a good fit and soon won't be able to get my size.   I like the 13" difference in ratio. Since my waist is 28 and my hips are 41. 

Honored Contributor

@kate2357    I have some extra weight on me and I never understood the term "Curvy".  Women that are overweight are NOT curvy.  Whoever came up with that term is fooling themself.  When I hear curvy I think of a woman with a great figure with curves.  Not a woman that is overweight with lumps and bumps all over the place.  Complain to Talbots about the jeans and maybe they will rethink and give the jeans a new name,

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@kate2357    I have some extra weight on me and I never understood the term "Curvy".  Women that are overweight are NOT curvy.  Whoever came up with that term is fooling themself.  When I hear curvy I think of a woman with a great figure with curves.  Not a woman that is overweight with lumps and bumps all over the place.  Complain to Talbots about the jeans and maybe they will rethink and give the jeans a new name,

Talbots reworks their pants/jeans line every few years. For example, they used to have a "heritage" fit which worked great for me, but that is no more. There have been times when none of their pants fit me because they all gapped in the back. Right now, it's hit or miss for me. My guess, if they truly are going away, is that they didn't sell enough of them in the smaller sizes to make it worthwhile. Until now, for example, you could buy a Petite 0 in curvy fit, so it's not simply a problem with how they define curvy.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 I feel your pain.  I'm a 6/8 in jeans and I look for curvy fit too.  I have a well-rounded behind and I think it is one of my better assets.  I usually got my jeans at Kohls, but I couldn't try on this year with the pandemic, so no new jeans for me right now.  

@Andreatoo, I don't like stretchy jeans.  I don't so much mind the 1% spandex, but sometimes those end up being too stretchy.  I like to squeeze into my jeans, button and zip them (while standing, not laying down to get them to zip), and then do one deep knee bend which stretches them out to the perfect fit.  I have trouble with the stretchy ones riding down all the time and there's nothing I hate worse than a low-hanging crotch on pants or jeans.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I'm sick of all the spandex too which is why you see me in a lot of topshop trousers and jeans. A lot of them have no spandex. It can be helpful in a pair of jeans though when the difference between your waist and your hips is 10 inches but yeah 1% is plenty

@Leelee1123 

Curvy girls come in all sizes and plus size girls aren't always curvy!