Honored Contributor

My mail preview email shows that I’m getting one of those $20 coupons in the mail today from Talbots. 

I used my 40% off one item today at the store. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

My mail preview email shows that I’m getting one of those $20 coupons in the mail today from Talbots. 

I used my 40% off one item today at the store. 

@gidgetgh LOL!  You sure didn't let that 40% off burn a hole in your pocket!  I got an email today about the 40% off, as well as the post card in the mail, so if you did too you'll be able to use it multiple times.

I sure hope I get the $20 off coupon - that plus the 40% off (if they can be used together - I don't know the dates of the $20) make things very, very reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I was returning something that I’d ordered, their sizing is so inconsistent lately, and I had wanted to try on the Fair Isle sweater in white and that’s what I ended up getting. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee- I was returning something that I’d ordered, their sizing is so inconsistent lately, and I had wanted to try on the Fair Isle sweater in white and that’s what I ended up getting. 

@gidgetgh  To match all those fair isle gloves you bought, minus the pair you are sending to me as a gift.  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

I used my 40% off to get a silk scarf with holly on it..I am going to get the black watch plaid blazer and pants, when the  holiday items are shown...

Honored Contributor

Ok, so this picture is the worst picture in photographic history, but I saw these pants at the store today and they’re absolutely gorgeous. They had them featured above the counter behind the cash register paired with some sort of top. They’re really striking in person. If I had anywhere to wear them I’d buy them. It’s their Hampshire style. 

3B108685-BC97-48A3-8FB9-8EC41B0A5A05.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  if you want them buy them. You can always wear them to the DR or when you go out to eat. They are just a nice garment that is a bit dressier than wearing jeans

I often wear my dressier things just because..

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@gidgetgh  if you want them buy them. You can always wear them to the DR or when you go out to eat. They are just a nice garment that is a bit dressier than wearing jeans

I often wear my dressier things just because..

@cherry- I’m really a jeans, jeggings or leggings kind of girl, whether it’s to the doctor or out to eat, which we do just about every day. I have one pair of black pants and one pair of navy and they only get worn for funerals. These Hampshire pants are gorgeous, but I’d never wear them. I just really have a very casual lifestyle. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee: No, you cannot use them together. The $20 “check” cannot be used until the first and they said this 40% one would be ended. I tried yesterday...boo🙁

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Pearlee: No, you cannot use them together. The $20 “check” cannot be used until the first and they said this 40% one would be ended. I tried yesterday...boo🙁

@Sadiesadieand @Pearlee

You are correct. I did get the $20 off coupon today. The fine print says that it cannot be combined with any other promotion, unlike the reward you get for spending a certain amount. It is a promotional discount.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland