Honored Contributor

Talbots 50% off for Cardholders Today thru Dec. 2

@gidgetgh and other T fans:

Well, I did some damage today and have things on hold to get at 50% off over the next couple of days.  And I intend to try more things on that I saw so I just printed out my email multiple times with the 50% off code.

I can't believe I bought this but I did and got my 50% off and used a reward (I have gift cards too I didn't use) so my total was around $55.00 after the retail price of $149.

I didn't go to the party which just started.  I wasn't interested in perhaps getting the free ornament - I have no use for it, nor the "light refreshments" - I didn't want to go in the dark so I went earlier.  

I love this vest  - it is insulated and sooooo warm! I think I will get a lot of usetalbotvest.jfifout of it.  At first I felt like I should be in the film  Ghostbusters when I tried it on - I thought I looked like The Pillsbury Doughboy.  But the clerks assured me I didn't.  I took a long time deciding on it and I decided it was fine. Plus I loved how warm it was as a walked around the store in it.  I might get the matching cable knit little hat with pearls.  I have matching gloves and a scarf in the same color cable knit from several years ago from Talbots.  I got it in the white and didn't even realize til I went online that it also comes in black, which wasn't in the store.  It's the faux fur trim cable sweater vest.  Love it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots 50% off for Cardholders Today thru Dec. 2

It’s a very pretty vest - enjoy your T purchase. I hope to stop in there over the weekend.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim  Thank you! Smiley Happy   And happy shopping when you go.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Pearley..!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I met my girlfriends for lunch today. And I did a few errands before I was to meet them. And got the errands done faster than I thought. So I was sitting in the parking lot for 45 minutes before we were to meet.

The restaurant parking lot shares it's space with a Talbots. I could not believe how busy Talbots was. There were women going in and out at a steady stream. And I thought it was interesting there were old ladies, middle age ladies and young ladies going into the store. I was so tempted to go in too. But was afraid I would miss my friends as they pulled into the parking lot.

Now I know why the store was so busy.

PS That vest looks so warm. I bet it will come in handy alot. Winter seems to have had a jump start this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I met my girlfriends for lunch today. And I did a few errands before I was to meet them. And got the errands done faster than I thought. So I was sitting in the parking lot for 45 minutes before we were to meet.

The restaurant parking lot shares it's space with a Talbots. I could not believe how busy Talbots was. There were women going in and out at a steady stream. And I thought it was interesting there were old ladies, middle age ladies and young ladies going into the store. I was so tempted to go in too. But was afraid I would miss my friends as they pulled into the parking lot.

Now I know why the store was so busy.

@drizzellla  The store should be busy tonight rather than earlier, since the "party" with gift with $150 purchase and refreshments is in the evening.   But to confirm what you posted, the manager of the store I was in today said it was really busy all day also. We both were discussing how people didn't want to come out in the dark (possible freezing rain expected here) so it was busy all day and people didn't seem to care about the party and gift with purchase not being available.  They didn't want to shop at night either!   She and I agreed it was dumb of T's - in "winter" (even though not by the calendar) and after going off daylight savings time to have the party so late although I suppose they wanted to attract the after work people.

Honored Contributor

Just came from T's and today's 50% off purchase is:  Open Front Heathered Fleece Cardigan.  Love it! It's super soft sweatshirt material but tailored so it looks like a blazer.  I don't know what they did in this photo but the lapel doesn't look nearly as wide in person as in the photo - it looks like a regular blazer lapel.  It is open front (no fasteners) and covers everything on my hips I want to cover.   It's nice - I could go to a holiday party in this and be ever so comfortable --- and warm.  OMG there is so much I want at Talbots during this 50% off.  I should go to all four of mine and use the 50% off (I used it today at the same Ts I was at yesterday though - they keep giving me my post card back and I have printed off the coupon from emails too.)

This "blazer" looks in person as if it's charcoal gray with black trim, although people in the customer reviews are saying it's navy or indigo.   I guess it can go with all those colors then.  It's a pretty gray on the dark side of gray (darker than in the photo)  but not quite charcoal.

talbots.jfif

Esteemed Contributor

Just received a pretty knit dress I ordered.  It fits just as I hoped.  I had previously ordered two cardigan sweaters, which I am happy with.

As I am retired, with too much clothing as it is, I am stopping now.  These constant sales by Talbots are such good opportunities, I can’t help but wonder if they aren’t in financial trouble.

Honored Contributor

I am still waiting for the items from Talbots I ordered on Black Friday.  Hopefully they will be delivered next week.  I also ordered that day from Anthropologie, J. Crew, Nordstrom and Ann Taylor.  I have already received all those orders.  I can't figure out why Talbots shipping always takes so long.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am still waiting for the items from Talbots I ordered on Black Friday.  Hopefully they will be delivered next week.  I also ordered that day from Anthropologie, J. Crew, Nordstrom and Ann Taylor.  I have already received all those orders.  I can't figure out why Talbots shipping always takes so long.

@DiAnne  Did you get an email from T's saying they had to locate your item from a store?  That always takes longer than if they have it in their warehouse.  That's what happened with my Black Friday order.  And I can't ever tell when I order it that that's the case; I always get an email about it after ordering, like I did with Black Friday's order.