Honored Contributor

Talbots- 30% off regular priced item starting 1/5

I got a card for 30% off a regular priced item, starting tomorrow, 1/5. 

I'm thinking about ordering the Medallion Paisley popover, in pink. I bought the blue one in the store last week and I absolutely love it and can't wait to wear it once the warm weather comes. So I might order the second color.  I'll get a lot of wear out of it. 

Or, I might order the Marled shaker stitched cardigan. I saw it in the store and it's gorgeous. But I don't know that I really "need" it. It's really nice in person though. 

Anyone else?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots- 30% off regular priced item starting 1/5

I had an email last week or so (?) with 30% off one full-priced item through 1/8, and I just ordered a new "active" dress yesterday with it. I'm sure there will be discounts soon on categories (tops, sweaters) or the entire order, so I'm holding out a bit on buying anything else from the newest collection. I was afraid the dress in which I was interested would sell out in my size, so I decided that was the item I should try. (I tried on a few other new items in the store -- several cute possibilities!)

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I had an email last week or so (?) with 30% off one full-priced item through 1/8, and I just ordered a new "active" dress yesterday with it. I'm sure there will be discounts soon on categories (tops, sweaters) or the entire order, so I'm holding out a bit on buying anything else from the newest collection. I was afraid the dress in which I was interested would sell out in my size, so I decided that was the item I should try. (I tried on a few other new items in the store -- several cute possibilities!)

Yeah.  I had that one also. I think this is a card they gave me in the store when I bought something last week. 

I'm glad to see them starting to get some spring items. 

Trusted Contributor

Both my husband and my mom gave me gift cards for Talbots for Christmas.  I saw their Spring Lookbook and love a couple things that are hopefully arriving soon.  Other than that, I'm holding off.  I got my Talbots credit card bill yesterday and almost had "The Big One."  I really love their winter clothes and got a wee bit carried away this time around, lol!  Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Not enough off for me.  Whatever is 30% off will be a better deal later.

I'm spoiled by the 50% plus another 10% off.  Things I looked at earlier in the season are now so much cheaper.  Besides, if it's something for spring (I realize there are other things to buy that can be worn right now), whatever spring thing it is will go down in price before I'd even be able to wear it here in the cold midwest.  So...I'm not going to take advantage of the 30% off.

Respected Contributor

A few months ago I was in the store making a purchase. The clerk said that they had all our discounts/rewards on file. I said great "just like Chicos." 

So I was in the store yesterday and was making a purchase and said can I use the 30% off one item. But when I was checking out she said that I had to have the card or the code number.

So just remember to take your email, card or discount code to the store. I was very disappointed that I misunderstood the policy. So I will go back tomorrow and present my darn coupon and get my discount. I guess they can just do a return and a repurchase.

Honored Contributor

The card I got is for Jan 5-8.

Anyway, I ended up ordering the Medallion Paisley Popover in pink, because it was less expensive than the sweater.  So I'm fine with the 30% off on it.

I'm going to hold off and hope for a larger discount on the sweater thanks to @Pearlee talking me away from the keyboard, LOL!!