Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Winter Clearance Sale - Great Deals!

@gidgetgh  I looked at the sweater online at Talbots and do like it in the indigo.  A lot of the reviews say it runs large, but some say it runs true to size. What do you think? Should I go down a size from my normal Talbot's size?  FYI I got the other sweater with the back zipper that you pointed out to me in a large which is my Talbot's size (but not my regular size which is a medium. Talbot's clothes IMO run small usually and I size up).

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I'm a Talbots extra large and that's the only size they had in the sweater at the store. It's loose on me. I bought it because it was the only one they had and I like my clothes looser rather than tighter. 

When I came home and ordered the indigo, I ordered the large so it will be more fitted on me. 

I think it runs a little big. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Thank you - helpful as always. I didn't see that in any of the several Talbot's stores I went to last weekend.

BTW - I didn't mention in my post above that the white sweater with the zipper fits great in the large.  I tried the large on in the gold color in the stores - two of the stores - and it was huge. I would definitely need a medium in that gold color of the same sweater (but I didn't pursue it because the gold color didn't look good).  Same sweater, two different sizes needed depending on the color.  Go figure - just like QVC!

Honored Contributor

So I went to one Talbot's today and will go to another tomorrow, the last day of the President's Day sale (60% off plus another 15%).  I got a pair of earrings today for a little over $8 that I'd had my eye on all winter long - I think they originally were $39.99.  Whoohoo!  I also got a really nice navy and off-white tunic-length blouse for just over $20 - had been $79.99.  That is very spring-like too - not at all winter (in fact I think it's too cold to wear it in wnter here up north) so I will got lots of use out of it still, until it gets to be 80 or 90 degrees.  The material is silk-like.    Great deals!   The store I was at today is our largest and was pretty wiped out - it gets the most traffic.  A couple of our smaller stores will have more winter stock left to peruse tomorrow because they are more off the beaten path and don't attract as many shoppers.  

The cute sweater with the hearts and the bicycle was 40% off today!  

Honored Contributor

Talbot's winter clearance merchandise is now 70% off.  It wouldn't surprise me if the few things remaining in our local stores goes down to even more off this weekend.  That's because the Talbot's stores are shipping all their winter clearance things out after Sunday.  Two of our stores told me this during this past week.  So...last chance on whatever clearance is left, and the prices are fantastic!

Honored Contributor

I went this morning and bought a top for spring/summer. 25% off. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee @gidgetgh  @KathyPet 

Their Audrey Cashmere sweater (3/4 sleeves) is on sale for a ridiculous $38.  I have it in pink, but this coral ("Orange Ember") is really nice.

audrey cashmere.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mj12- their Audrey sweaters are terrific. I had one in navy a few years ago. I wore it until it literally wore out. It wasn't cashmere though. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Yes, I saw that 25% off sale.  There's a lot more spring coming.  In one store I was at in the past few days, the manager told a customer the spring that was piled up in the back would be all out by 2/22 - they were just starting to put it out.

@Mj12  That is a ridiculous price for cashmere - a tee shirt can cost that much!

I've tried that cashmere sweater on, but strongly prefer the long-sleeved cashmere sweaters.  I don't like where that 3/4 one hits me on my particular arm length - it isn't flattering.   Several times this past winter I came close to buying that beautiful pistachio green colored long sleeved one, and that light green color could go well into spring.  There are days I've regretted not buying it but I can't have everything I want.....

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Yes, I saw that 25% off sale.  There's a lot more spring coming.  In one store I was at in the past few days, the manager told a customer the spring that was piled up in the back would be all out by 2/22 - they were just starting to put it out.

@Mj12  That is a ridiculous price for cashmere - a tee shirt can cost that much!

I've tried that cashmere sweater on, but strongly prefer the long-sleeved cashmere sweaters.  I don't like where that 3/4 one hits me on my particular arm length - it isn't flattering.   Several times this past winter I came close to buying that beautiful pistachio green colored long sleeved one, and that light green color could go well into spring.  There are days I've regretted not buying it but I can't have everything I want.....

@Pearlee I totally agree - to be honest last time I was there I just grabbed a pink sweater in my size - having already purchased a purple long-sleeve I thought it was the same sweater.  Nope.  I much prefer the full length sleeve.