Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Winter Clearance Sale - Great Deals!

@gidgetgh  Thank you - that was helpful on the sweater!

And how has the red wool tote/purse held up? Any issues?  I tend to load mine up and worry about a plastic strap (shoulder) breaking.  Any problems with yours?  Have you been able to keep the wool clean?

Esteemed Contributor

OH I have been so bad but so happy with my purchases.  I nabbed the Donegal Tweed cashmere sweater, the BAROQUE Rose  merino wool sweater, the Black and Red Fair Isle sweater, the red and black textured Holiday arrow jacket and my most favorite the black and white 3/4 length boucle topper.  I wear a 2x and that black and white topper is the most flattering piece of clothing I have purchased in a very long time!

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Winter Clearance Sale - Great Deals!,

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I hsve items in a cart right now and want to add the braided raglan sweater you mentioned (cotton!) in cream.  How does this run? The reivews are all over the place, several saying large and several saying small and the rest saying true to size.   What do you think? 

Also, how have you liked your red and black checked wool tote bag/purse?  I'm thinking of getting that now although it's still quite pricey.  Have you liked it? Has it held up well?

Also, there are two charming sweaters on clearance for half off the clearance price.  I tried on a red one and like it at the store....

Love the hearts sweater - LOVE!  But I"ll wait til after V-day to order that when it will no doubt be cheaper. Enjoy wearing yours for the next two months before then - I love that sweater and hope it's still around later to go on sale!  Smiley Happy

Thanks for mentioning these items.  I may go to Talbot's today (a different one - we have several) to try to try on the raglan one but they may not have my size any more.   The 50% off clearance sweater sale is stlll on today according to the website.

I like the hearts and bicycle sweater too, but like yours better.  

@Pearlee- I apologize. I didn't see earlier that you'd asked about the red plaid wool purse. It's held up fine. I really like it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

So I did  major damage today, but it sure was fun. I went to our largest Talbots and found most of the items I'd had my eye on from online, and then this evening I went online and ordered the rest, because I had an estra 15% off coupon good for all one-day purchases.   I also got my extra 5% off for using my Talbot's card so I ended up getting quite a bit more off the extra 40% (or 50% on sweaters) clearance price.  I think I may be taking a few pieces back, esp. ones I haven't seen in person coming from my online purchase and a couple of pieces of jewelry I'm "iffy" about, but for the most part I'm loving everything I  purchased, esp. my in-store purchases today.

Highlights (and there was much more than this!):  @gidgetgh  Thank you so much for your input about the red and black windowpane purse/tote.   I bought it (loved it when I saw it at the store today - they only had one and I got the last one!) and I also bought the matching windowpane (that's what that plaid is called) red and black topper (a sweater-jacket that's duster length)  in merino wool.  It had been $189.99 and I got it for $63.  I was thrilled and I really like it. It's gone from the website now so the photo won't be posted, but it's an exact match to the bag/. Not  that I care about matching - I just liked both pieces independently  and the wool is wonderfully soft.  Love merino wool!

I also bought the buffalo plaid crossbody bag in black and white (called on the site the Cozy Plaid Slouchy Hobo Crossbody).  I had seen someone carrying it about a week or so ago and complimented the lady on her bag.  I had no idea it was from Talbot's at the time but then I saw it online and the store I was in today had three left so I bought one.  It's quite roomy and will be useful.

I also bought a necklace that was OK on the rack but when I put it on I just loved it. It's called Sparkle and Shine Collar necklace but looks awful on the webstie - it's very vibrant and colorful in person.   It's multicolored and sparkles a lot and reminded me of something Lori Goldstein would layer with a lot of other necklaces to give and outfit some glitz, although I won't layer it..  I will wear that one a lot.

I also got the narrow  cashmere polka dot scarf in black and white to go with my black and white poka dot puffer vest I got Black Friday weekend on sale, among other many things it will go with.

I also bought Stormy Cashmere Waterweave Wrap in the Blue Glacier which in person is just gorgeous.  I'm not sure I'm keeping it because I'm not sure how  I'll use it, but it was soooo pretty and soft and warm and the colors really lit up my face that I took it home but again, that may be a return if I won't get use out of it.  I went looking for the black and white one in this wrap which they had, but the blue was so very  much prettier on me and "livelier."

@gidgetgh I saw your beautiful hearts sweater. I liked that it's not particularly Valentine-y and can certainly be worn all the time.  Another customer loved it and was going to buy it until the clerk told her it was new merchandise and not clearance - the lady thought it was 50% off the marked price. Not!  So she put it back.  I also saw the new  hearts w/ bicycle sweater and definitely like yours better.  I need to get that one, as I said earlier, when it's on sale after V-day.  Talbot's always has good hearts sweaters come in for V-day.

Whew - I'm exhausted and all Talbot's Clearanced-out.  Won't be going into a Talbot's for a while, unless I'm doing a return.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I'm so glad you got the wool purse.  I think it's so pretty and you should get a lot of use from it.

I love my new heart sweater.  To be honest, I never thought of Valentine's Day when I bought it!  I just love the material and that it's so soft.  I can't wear wool and cashmere so I'm always on the lookout for the other fabrics.

Enjoy your new purchases- they all sound great!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Thanks!  I'm really glad you like your hearts sweater. Smiley Happy  

Did you ever see the windowpane topper that matches our purse?  I hope you could at least picture it from having seen it, since it's no longer on the site.

Honored Contributor

Love the heart sweater too - I saw it in their store last week, really nice.

FYI - their fabulous Flawless Five-Pocket Bootcut jeans are on sale - $39.  Such a good deal.

Talbots jeans.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

My favorites are the Braided-Raglan sweater (P751588)- I have it in several colors- love this sweater.

@gidgetgh  I really want to thank you for mentioning this sweater. I would never have noticed it - it wasn't in any of the stores around me during the Xmas clearance so I took a chance and ordered it on clearance (and my b-day extra 15% off and the other sale discounts) online in ivory (or maybe it's white?).  I just love it!  Based on your info I asked you, I got my correct size and it fits like a glove.  I do like the braiding to make the sweater less "plain" (nice visual interest) and I love the zipper in the back.  This sweater is definitely a winner that I'll reach for over and over.  I.O.U one for this!  I wouldn't own it now - and at a great price to boot - if it weren't for you! :Thanks! Smiley Happy

Oh yeah, even deeper discounts going on this weekend although things are pretty picked over I'm sure!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee- I'm so glad!  The sweater just didn't really photograph well so it didn't stand out on their site.  I just think it's a great sweater.  I have it in a few colors, but the ivory is my favorite.  I think it's so pretty.

I recently bought a pair of jeans from them that just came and I love them.

They're the Flawless Five Pocket Boyfriend Jeans in the color Dodger Wash.  I LOVE lighter colored jeans and they're always harder to find.  I saw these and ordered them and I love them.  I just unrolled the cuff and will wear them as regular length jeans.

I paid full price for them so I've been watching and when they mark them down I'm going to order another pair.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

This is on clearance with an additional 15% off this price and another 5% off if you use your Talbot's charge.  Broken sizes in this color only:

THE FLAWLESS FIVE-POCKET BOYFRIEND JEAN - LAKE WASH   $39.99