Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger sale

I really searched HARD for an item I wanted- LOL.

This spring, I bought their "textured sweater" in a few colors.  I love it.  So I decided I wanted it in blue.  Not available to order online anymore.  I used the in store search feature.  It said it was available in two stores by me.  I went to both stores and neither had it.

Oh well...... wait!  I know....

I did the in store search feature again and it showed that it was available in a store out of state, where my best friend lives.  I texted her a picture yesterday morning and off she went, and she found it!  I was thrilled.  

There is no search big enough when you're looking for something!!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I really searched HARD for an item I wanted- LOL.

This spring, I bought their "textured sweater" in a few colors.  I love it.  So I decided I wanted it in blue.  Not available to order online anymore.  I used the in store search feature.  It said it was available in two stores by me.  I went to both stores and neither had it.

Oh well...... wait!  I know....

I did the in store search feature again and it showed that it was available in a store out of state, where my best friend lives.  I texted her a picture yesterday morning and off she went, and she found it!  I was thrilled.  

There is no search big enough when you're looking for something!!

@gidgetgh  LOL!  You really wanted that sweater.  I think you should go pick it up in person - good escuse to visit with your friend.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

The code is june30.  Good from 6/20-7/4.  Now let me pass something on although you might have already figured this out.  Even though the coupon is good for 30% off one regular price item you can use it more than once by shopping different ways.  Go to a store and present it at checkout.  Go one line to Talbot's website and buy another full price item and enter the code when that page appears. Call in a order to the toll free number and tell the CSR you have it.  Bingo three full priced items purchased at 30% off.

Or go in person from Talbot's to Talbot's.  I have four near me!

Wow 4 stores near you!  That would be like dying and going to Talbot's heaven for me.  I have a store 15 minutes away and another one in a large mall about 45 minute drive.  The store close to me is a small,store and only carries a small selection of Woman's sizes and no Woman  Petite at all.  I need the WP in pants and skirts. However I do go in there,often to see what they are showing in all sizes and if I want something I see I order it on line.  The store in the mall is much larger and is close to my hairdresser and a Wegman's so my monthly trips for my hair involve a marathon of stops at Talbot's, Wegman's and my hair salon.  I think my car would make this trek on auto pilot I have done it so often.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  So I just got back from the red hanger sale.  It's so hot here (90s) that I only had the energy to go to one of the four Talbot's near me, the largest one, on the last day of the extra 10% sale for cardholders (which will go down to 5% after today).  

I showed great restraint - I'm proud of myself.  Three summer handbags (one all leather  with cutouts in white, one leather in white with cutouts and linen along the zipper, and one large straw one) were reduced on the red hanger sale and I tried them all out but passed on them all (no outside pocket so I know  that much as I liked each one, none would be very convenient for me to use).  

@Trudey  I tried on a lot of things but only bought a really nice white sleeveless cotton blouse with lacework (done in the cotton, not real lace)  and I think some eyelet (I'll have to look at it again) to wear underneath LOGO cardigans I have. The lace will go nicely with my Logos.    I also purchased a pima cotton boatneck swetaer but it wasn't really "new" for me.  I bought it a while ago but within their 90 day return policy and I hadn't yet worn mine so I'm going to return the more expensive one and keep this much cheaper one.  On the red hanger sale, the pima cotton sweater came to $20-something dollars which was fantastic!  I think it started out at $89!   This store didn't have much of the jewelry on the sale - I do like some of T's jewelry.

I tried to find the blouse on the site to show @Trudey how well it would go with LOGO but it's gone from the Talbot's site.

Honored Contributor

So here is what I hate about Talbot's - the price games.  Just got a post card - the next sale is 40% off one item or 50% off two or more item.  Grrrrrrr.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah I understand but all stores play these games when they are trying to clear merchandise (except for QVC who,wouldn't know a sale if it hit them in the face) .   I can't blame Talbot's or any other store for trying to sell at the highest price they can and only take additional markdowns on merchandise that hasn't moved.  Can you get a price adjustment on what you just bought?

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet  I don't know about the price adjustment thing.  It's too hot to run around too.  Fortunately I didn't buy much at the Red Hanger Sale.  I do find this very frustrating, no matter how many stores do this.

Respected Contributor

I'm done for now! Smiley Happy I ordered yesterday and got three tees, a very casual dress, and a polo shirt for a total of $100. I had already purchased a denim jacket for my daughter and an active dress (at 30% off since it was at full price) on Friday.

Yes, I know that every week or so there is a new deal at Talbots. Which is why I VERY seldom buy anything at full price. I just let small changes (25% off to 30% off or something) slide, and sometimes repurchase online if there's a big cut. Recently, one of "my" salespeople at the local store gave me 25% off a pair of pants even though there wasn't a deal on them at the moment. She said something about how there's usually something they can do for good customers.

Trusted Contributor

This is the first spring & summer that I didn't find anything I like from them.  Maybe thats an indication that I have enough clothing.