Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale (June 2015)

@jonbon wrote:

@peachesncream wrote:

I appreciated this reminder!

I was able to get the Chambray Roll Cuff Ankle Pants I'd been wanting for some time.

Chambray Drawstring Roll-Cuff Ankle Pants

I own these -- they are really cute!

I'm so glad you are enjoying them! I can't wait for them to arrive.

It's so hard to find jeans or a jeans look in a summer weight fabric. I think I will get a lot of wear out of these - including in the fall, when it's still so hot here in Texas.

Respected Contributor

Well I got the dress.  It is called the Wavy Stripe Dress.  I'd post a picture, but can't figure out how to copy it, because putting my mouse on it only activates the zoom feature.

It fits well and is not overly long.  I'd call it more of a tea length than a maxi.  The stripes are matched everywhere.  One thing I noticed Talbots doing this season is putting a waistline seam in all their maxis, and this makes the skirt slightly bias over the hip area.  It is a good feature.  It helps the maxi to look more like a dress and less like a nightgown.

The fabric is very light weight and I don't know that I would be wearing this if I were overweight, but compared to some of the other maxis I tried and returned this season (think Evine), it's a Cadillac.

Honored Contributor

Is it this one

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Yes.  I don't know how you guys get those pictures, darn it!  I feel so inept.

Respected Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

Well I got the dress.  It is called the Wavy Stripe Dress.  I'd post a picture, but can't figure out how to copy it, because putting my mouse on it only activates the zoom feature.

Copying pictures can be tricky. Here's what I've noticed.

On some websites, like Talbots, you can't copy an image if you're on that item's page - the page that is devoted to that item alone.

But, if you select the category "dresses" and pull all of them up to look at, you can click onto the picture of the dress you like  (wihch is a smaller picture) and copy that.

For Macy's, I can't copy an image on the item's page, but if I select that item and choose "put in my cart" the next page to come up has a smaller photo of the item, and I can copy that. Or, I can select all dresses and click on the smaller image of the item.

The same thing is true of LLBean. The image on an item's page can't be copied, but if I pull up all tops or all dresses, I can choose the smaller image of the one I like and copy it.

Honored Contributor

Favorite Son - I didn't go to the retailers site.  I googled Talbots Wavy Stripe dress and then selected the images tab on google.  I took a shot that this was the dress.  If I would have gone to Talbots site, I probably wouldn't have been able to copy it with the instant zoom action that happens on most sites.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

Copying pictures can be tricky. Here's what I've noticed.

On some websites, like Talbots, you can't copy an image if you're on that item's page - the page that is devoted to that item alone.

But, if you select the category "dresses" and pull all of them up to look at, you can click onto the picture of the dress you like  (wihch is a smaller picture) and copy that.

For Macy's, I can't copy an image on the item's page, but if I select that item and choose "put in my cart" the next page to come up has a smaller photo of the item, and I can copy that. Or, I can select all dresses and click on the smaller image of the item.

The same thing is true of LLBean. The image on an item's page can't be copied, but if I pull up all tops or all dresses, I can choose the smaller image of the one I like and copy it.

On Bean, open the item, right click on the item (so the zoom starts) and select open in a new tab.  From there you can copy it.

Note the difference-

Signature Stretch Ankle Pants, Geo Print