Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

@Pearlee- I wasn't really planning on buying the cardigan again.  I walked into Talbots, through the Women's dept. so I stopped there to return my items. Several different receipts and the associate has been there a long time and I was thrilled she waited on me. 

So then I walked through to the Misses dept to find the chinos and there was the table with the $19.99 cardigans and they had the color I'd just returned. And they had my size. And I decided to buy it again because the price was so good. 

As for the toucan cardigan?  I love it. I wore it when I "met" April the giraffe!  I thought it was a good choice for the animal park, LOL. 

I'm wearing my parrot pants today. The associate in the misses dept. mentioned them. She said she wished she'd bought them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  Darn it!  those emails I keep getting about the $19.99 cardis ending tomorrow are wearing me down about getting the toucan cardi!  Darn it.  I'm not that sure I want it but do like it.....oh, emails please stop!  It's kind of Quacker Factory-ish and I have plenty of QF already.

Regular Contributor

I am buying more and more from Talbots ... they carry plus petite ... perfection!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

For those of you who are fans of the weekend chino, as I am, there is a new color now, the long-awaited black!  I saw it in the stores a few days ago and loved it but they didn't have my size in stock so I  had to order it online.  They are on a summer special now at $59.50 which is $20 off the regular price plus another 5% off with the T card.  I haven't received mine yet but black - how could I go wrong?  It's not a clearance price, just a summer sale price.

@gidgetgh  I just tried on my black chinos which I received from Talbots a few days ago.  I wear a regular in weekend chinos, not petite as I do in some of T's pants (jeans).  Well, these are shorter in the rise than most of my other weekend chinos (I tried on a few others of mine right after these to make sure it wasn't my imagination).  Not sure yet whether I will keep or maybe even try a different pair in the same size.  I do like them otherwise but a "too short rise" usually bothers me.  Did you find that too?  Again, it could be just this one pair; different pairs can fit differently even in the exact same size I've discovered.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

For those of you who are fans of the weekend chino, as I am, there is a new color now, the long-awaited black!  I saw it in the stores a few days ago and loved it but they didn't have my size in stock so I  had to order it online.  They are on a summer special now at $59.50 which is $20 off the regular price plus another 5% off with the T card.  I haven't received mine yet but black - how could I go wrong?  It's not a clearance price, just a summer sale price.

@gidgetgh  I just tried on my black chinos which I received from Talbots a few days ago.  I wear a regular in weekend chinos, not petite as I do in some of T's pants (jeans).  Well, these are shorter in the rise than most of my other weekend chinos (I tried on a few others of mine right after these to make sure it wasn't my imagination).  Not sure yet whether I will keep or maybe even try a different pair in the same size.  I do like them otherwise but a "too short rise" usually bothers me.  Did you find that too?  Again, it could be just this one pair; different pairs can fit differently even in the exact same size I've discovered.

@Pearlee- mine felt fine. 

Honored Contributor

Now - 50% off clearance prices plus another 5% off for T cardholders.

Honored Contributor

Now thru Sunday!  An additional 15% off all markdowns (per this morning's email from T's).   Remember at the beginning of the Red Hanger sale I said the prices would keep falling?  Yep!  Down they go yet again! Whoohoo!

Honored Contributor

My "whoohoo" was premature.  T's site is freezing up!

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea about the extra 15% off sale prices. Ordered on-line a few days ago, so will have to see if I can get a price adjustment.  Great deals right now!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

My "whoohoo" was premature.  T's site is freezing up!

@Pearlee- did you order anything?