Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

These red hanger prices are really terrific. People who are always commenting on high prices, not just at Talbots, well on those cardigans this morning, I don't care where anyone shops, but try to beat $19.50 (or less with a Talbots card) for a great quality sweater. 

Or like their Pima cotton tees at $14.99. 

Terrific prices for great quality clothes and a terrific loyalty program. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

These red hanger prices are really terrific. People who are always commenting on high prices, not just at Talbots, well on those cardigans this morning, I don't care where anyone shops, but try to beat $19.50 (or less with a Talbots card) for a great quality sweater. 

Or like their Pima cotton tees at $14.99. 

Terrific prices for great quality clothes and a terrific loyalty program. 

And - so rare these days - Customer Service that wants to please the customer and keep the customer coming back.  All those price adjustements you get, @gidgetgh.

And yes, a terrific loyalty program. When I use rewards on red hanger sale items, I'm paying almost nothing for the clothes!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  And since I posted the above post, I just received and email from the T store I was in on the 4th of July - the one across town where I had the dress on hold in my size - thank me for visiting their store and for being a customer.  How nice!  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Quick!   Primetime special - the turqhoise choice to go with your toucan pants!   Oh that would be perfect!

http://www.qvc.com/Quacker-Factory-Tropical-Fun-Sequin-Short-Sleeve-Knit-T-shirt.product.A289695.htm...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  My black weekend chinos just shipped (purchased on July 4)!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Quick!   Primetime special - the turqhoise choice to go with your toucan pants!   Oh that would be perfect!

http://www.qvc.com/Quacker-Factory-Tropical-Fun-Sequin-Short-Sleeve-Knit-T-shirt.product.A289695.htm...

@gidgetgh Did you see this post last night?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh Did you see this post last night?

@Pearlee- I did.  I actually saw it this morning and then forgot to respond. 

It's cute, but not really my style, but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Even as I posted that alert last night, I figured it wasn't your style, but that you might make an "exception" and wear it with your pants because it was so perfect for them!   Thanks for confirming  that it wasn't really "you" just as I thought.   

(Remember, though, there are exceptions to every rule!)

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Even as I posted that alert last night, I figured it wasn't your style, but that you might make an "exception" and wear it with your pants because it was so perfect for them!   Thanks for confirming  that it wasn't really "you" just as I thought.   

@Pearlee- I went to Talbots this morning to return a few items. 

My weekend chinos in black aren't even here yet and I had to buy them again. I ordered the wrong size online the other day. I ordered my normal size and had forgotten that I bought a navy pair on clearance a few months ago and was able to go down a size. Luckily, they had the size smaller so I bought them in person and will return the larger ones when they get here. 

I returned a charming cardigan that I'd bought at $34.50 (which was a good sale) and bought it again for $19.99 with an additional 5% off of that. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee- I went to Talbots this morning to return a few items. 

My weekend chinos in black aren't even here yet and I had to buy them again. I ordered the wrong size online the other day. I ordered my normal size and had forgotten that I bought a navy pair on clearance a few months ago and was able to go down a size. Luckily, they had the size smaller so I bought them in person and will return the larger ones when they get here. 

I returned a charming cardigan that I'd bought at $34.50 (which was a good sale) and bought it again for $19.99 with an additional 5% off of that. 

@gidgetgh  The Pearley method of shopping Talbots!  LOL    Why pay more when you can pay less?   I do that also.   I've been tempted to get the toucan cardi at this price.  I really like the turquoise color of that one but not sure I want to wear toucans! 

Congrats on going down a size in the chinos!  Smiley Happy  That's great.  Aren't the black ones divine?  (Well, I shouldn't say that because I don't even have mine to try on yet, but I loved what I saw in the store).