Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

@Pearlee, I saw that dress in the store -- it was really pretty, and what a deal you got!! I'm done with sale. I'm one of those people who is anxiously awaiting the late summer/transitional things (always looking to the next season).

Honored Contributor

@jonbon  Thank you!   I'm really glad you like the dress too.  So airy and comfy - I recommend it highly!  glad you saw it in person and know what I'm talking about.

I'm the opposite of you.   Like to buy at the bargain basement prices - still "into" the summer clothes (it's only early July and close to 90 degrees here - I love getting clothes to wear now through Sept. at such bargain prices!  

Honored Contributor

The website says you still get another 5% off for using your T card.  Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you earlier @gidgetgh by saying that would end on July 4th.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And.....so I'd been on the fence about ordering another color in their Charming Cardigan.  The one with the white tipping.  Yesterday I decided no.  That I was done with the sale.

And then this morning, they have many of their cardigans on sale for $19.99 (regularly $69.50) and another 5% off for Talbots card holders.

So I bought the one I was on the fence about AND ordered another color  of their regular charming cardigans.  

I'll be able to wear these 3/4 sleeve cardigans into most of the winter and for a net price of $18.98 each, I couldn't pass them up.  

For those who like Talbots Charming Cardigans, today is your day.

If anyone has been looking at the cream colored cardigan with the beaded bows on it, it's also on sale.  I bought it this spring and it's so pretty on.  I'm saving it for when I have to dress up a little more, but this cardigan doesn't look like much online, but it's really pretty.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I thought of you immediately when I saw the price on cardis in this morning's email!  The price is pretty darn charming!   You regular Talbot's buyers - and this includes you @jonbon - should know better than to say "I'm done" with a sale, because there's always something that comes along that's too good to pass up, as @gidgetgh illustrates!

For those of you who are fans of the weekend chino, as I am, there is a new color now, the long-awaited black!  I saw it in the stores a few days ago and loved it but they didn't have my size in stock so I  had to order it online.  They are on a summer special now at $59.50 which is $20 off the regular price plus another 5% off with the T card.  I haven't received mine yet but black - how could I go wrong?  It's not a clearance price, just a summer sale price.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- the weekend chinos are now in black???!!!  I'm sooooooo excited. 

A few years ago, when I was on the customer panel thing to review the catalogs ahead of time, they would ask for comments each time and I ALWAYS commented that they needed to offer the weekend chinos in black. 

This is great news. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Yep!  And they are a good price now too!   The black is one of the online options, you'll see.   And wow -they looked great in person!  I didn't get to try them on because they didn't even have any left near my size in the store I was at but I went ahead and ordered the size I always get in w. chinos.  Uh oh, you might be getting something else online..... LOL

Gosh, I've never even seen you mention that pant, even though I've posted about the ones I"ve gotten before.  I"m so happy I could give you this news!  I had to wonder when I saw them on July 4 in the store how long they've been out.

I just love having the premiere status where I get free S&H.  I buy a lot more now that I have that.  

Honored Contributor

And, in approximately the amount of time it would take you to sneeze, I ordered the black weekend chinos!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  P.S.  like that store I was in that only had a few sizes left and none in the back of the store, I'd order them now (esp. at the sale price).  Because I think the black is going to go altogether, and who knows when they' re-stock them?

Honored Contributor

LOL - we posted at the same time!