Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

I haven't placed an order online.  Did Talbot's raise the usual 2% via Ebates for the upcoming holiday?   I wonder if it will do that?   There was one recently holiday - a few days around Mother's Day maybe, where the rebate was 15%  which was so great!

Anyone know or will someone please post if they notice it's been raised above 2%?

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I found a swimsuit, coverup, shirtdress and bag! And, I'd just placed an order before the sale started and CS just gave me a price adjustment! I think Talbots CS is very responsive and reasonable. Happy customer here!

@GraceCO  That's so great of CS.  Enjoy your finds!  The prices on this sale are terrific, although their original retail prices are usually ridiculously high.

Honored Contributor

Today Ebates is still at 2% for Talbots.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

I found a swimsuit, coverup, shirtdress and bag! And, I'd just placed an order before the sale started and CS just gave me a price adjustment! I think Talbots CS is very responsive and reasonable. Happy customer here!

@GraceCO  That's so great of CS.  Enjoy your finds!  The prices on this sale are terrific, although their original retail prices are usually ridiculously high.

@Pearlee

Thank you! And, I agree--the original retail is very pricey. I did receive my goodies and they all worked for me--a RARE experience, especially with a swimsuit! Think I'll go back to Talbots and see if I can get into more mischief Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I had my eye on a jacket and was waiting for a sale price (definitely a want not a need).  It is not available on line and if I want to pick it up at a store I have to drive to Canada so I guess it was not met to be.  I will just wait for the Nordstrom sale......

Trusted Contributor

I bought a couple of the scoop neck pima cotton t-shirts. Wow, what a steal for the quality and fit!  Was hoping the 50's inspired cherry skirt would have gone on clearance, but no such luck.  Does anyone know when Talbots typically does a mark down again?

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered a couple of cotton shift style dresses. They were less than 1/2 price which is a great deal.  It's hard to find nice cotton dresses.  

Honored Contributor

I just placed another order. 

This season I have loved Talbots long, no close cardigan. It's so soft and comfortable. I have it in a few colors (cactus rose, ballet pink and yellow). 

To be honest, I wear one a lot when I get up in the mornings before I get dressed for the day. I'm not a robe wearer so I always use a sweater instead. This fall when it's cooler, I'll use them more for outside the house. 

Anyway.....it's on sale now. I just ordered one in blue for me and also ordered three for Christmas gifts.  One for my sister and two for friends. 

It's a terrific lighter sweater. Normal size is fine, but I sized up because I like my sweaters loose, especially when I'm wearing them on top of something else. I don't like things fitting closely, especially in the arms. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I'll have to take a look at those; I"ve never noticed them before.

Guess what? I got an email yesterday from T's that July is my anniversary of signing up for the card, and when I make a purchase in July I'll get automatically 250 points (have a reward certificate) added to my account!  Whoohooo!  I have already place one online order and have some more items in my wish list so clearly I'll be placing another order before this July 4th sale ends. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I'll have to take a look at those; I"ve never noticed them before.

Guess what? I got an email yesterday from T's that July is my anniversary of signing up for the card, and when I make a purchase in July I'll get automatically 250 points (have a reward certificate) added to my account!  Whoohooo!  I have already place one online order and have some more items in my wish list so clearly I'll be placing another order before this July 4th sale ends. 

@Pearlee- that's terrific. I wonder if that is new for them. I've been a cardholder since 1982 or 1983 and have never gotten a notice like that. In any case, I'm glad you got one!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?